Trusted Contributor

Marilyn is spinning in her grave. 

Honored Contributor

I blame the person or institution that owns the dress.  I mean anyone can ask outrageous requests backed by wealth and ego, but the owner should have said "No."  

Honored Contributor

What irritated me most was that Kardasian wore the dress just for the photos -  she acxtually had a replica made that was so good only she would have known it was a copy!

Shame on her and shame on the Museum for allowing her to wear it even for a few minutes.

Respected Contributor

Wow!  That is just wrong that the dress was worn by someone it didn't even fit........No sense in exposing the iconic dress to damage from being worn.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

Good grief. The dress is not a sacred object. Marilyn has been dead for 59 years and no longer owns the dress.

Respected Contributor

Two comments:

Kim should not have been allowed to wear that dress.  Yes, its an old dress and the original wearer is deceased.  But so what. The owner shouldn't have allowed it.  It's a piece of iconic American history these should not be messed with.

Isn't Kim's giant butt fake?

Respected Contributor
It’s not like the dress is an ancient religious relic. However, the point was the maintain the Met theme of sustainability. Making a copy of the dress because Kim couldn’t sit down in it was the opposite of sustainability. Couldn’t she have hired someone to come in and fashion her something to wear out of pieces she already owned?
Honored Contributor

I don't think she should have attempted to wear it.  One, she said she dieted for weeks to lose 16 pounds to fit into the dress, which still didn't fit because of her big rear.  

Two,  she had an exact repilica made that did fit her.  Why not just wear something "inspired by" that dress?

Respected Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

Good grief. The dress is not a sacred object. Marilyn has been dead for 59 years and no longer owns the dress.

Which is exactly why it should be preserved. I think Kim overstepped her bounds with this stunt.
Esteemed Contributor

@cody2 wrote:

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

Which is exactly why it should be preserved. I think Kim overstepped her bounds with this stunt.

What do you mean by "over stepping bounds?"  What does that even mean in this context?  I'd say she bit off more than she could chew, but the over stepping of bounds sounds like she should be slapped on the hand sent back to the corner to sit. @cody2 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life