Honored Contributor

I just read that on People.  I did not realize that was the actual dress I thought she just copied the design.  I hate that she was allowed to wear that or anyone wear it.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Re: Bob Mackie Article

[ Edited ]

I think a replica dress would have been better then wearing the actual dress. As stated in the article, lots of things need to be considered when preserving an iconic dress. Lots of things can go wrong and ruin the dress.

I thought I read somewhere that even with her extreme diet, they couldn't get the original dress zipped. That's why she had something draped over her backside. 

Regular Contributor

It was shown on one of the evening tv shows.  The dress could not zip over her hip area (Surprise!).  That is why she wore the furry jacket draped over her back and rear.  After the runway walk, she put on a duplicate dress made to accommodate her measurements.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

She wore the original otrc but had a replica which she wore to the after party. I heard the original dress didn't actually fit and that it could not be closed in the back so that was the reason why she had the white fur draped over her back side so you couldn't see where the back of the original dress was gaping.

Kim Kardashian wears Marilyn Monroe's JFK dress as Met Gala celebrates  gilded age | Met Gala 2022 | The Guardian

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

She must be obsessed with Marilyn right now, the second dress (emerald green) was the one she wore to the 1962 Golden Globe awards.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I still can't believe she got her big rear end into Marilyn's dress even if she did lose 16 lbs.  Her backside is huge. I see she kept it covered with her stole while on the Red Carpet.  What's beneath the fur?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I still can't believe she got her big rear end into Marilyn's dress even if she did lose 16 lbs.  Her backside is huge. I see she kept it covered with her stole while on the Red Carpet.  What's beneath the fur?

@Kachina624 

She wore the fur to cover the gap where the gown could not be closed b/c of her big ash.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee    Aha! I suspected as much.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

Goes along with her big mouth.