Respected Contributor
I would buy more of Susan's tops (especially some of the ones with the placement prints, which I think are lovely) if only she would make some with regular, round or jewel necklines. The boat neck or scoop neck necklines don't suit me because I have narrow shoulders and a long neck and these necklines accentuate that. Some of us don't need to be "opened up", as she puts it! Susan, please make some more " closed up" pieces for those of us with this body type!
Contributor
Totally agree with you. Even though I am large, I also have narrow shoulders, and these necks fall off.
Honored Contributor

I have to be careful with necklines because many are too wide & my bra straps peek out. Then I am constantly adjusting the top. I like the look of boatneck and wider necklines but I can't wear them without my under garments showing so it is a dealbreaker for me.

Esteemed Contributor

IMO, that neckline is unattractive on most people. I prefer an open neckline as well.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

I love boatneck tops. I have broader shoulders though, so am able to carry them off. There are bras available with straps more offset so that they do not peek out underneath these tops. My husband says that most men think boatnecks are s*xy as they show off a woman's collarbone. I do not care for scoopneck tops on anyone though.

For those who have narrow shoulders, I can see why you do not care for boatnecks.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Super Contributor
On 1/1/2015 willdob3 said:

I have to be careful with necklines because many are too wide & my bra straps peek out. Then I am constantly adjusting the top. I like the look of boatneck and wider necklines but I can't wear them without my under garments showing so it is a dealbreaker for me.

Me too!

Esteemed Contributor
I suggest posting your requests on her Facebook page. I've received direct responses from her on FB.
Super Contributor

I have wide shoulders and long neck and short hair - and also prefer necklines that are higher. If I otherwise like a top - I buy it and alter the neckline to suit my taste.

Fortunately, there are lots of other places that sell what I like to wear. I'm not captive to QVC - though I do generally like many things that SG sells.

Honored Contributor

i can't wear boat necks either. They make me look 10 years older.

Super Contributor

Those boat neck ones 'choke' me. Hate 'em.