Trusted Contributor

For years, l have mostly worn knit tops or tees under my sweaters, cardigans or jackets. I really didn't have any blouses.  I had the "crisp, white shirt", a few long-sleeved, checked shirts for the preppy look, and that was it.  Last year, I bought several knit skirts from LCNY; one was charcoal gray.  I was looking for something to wear with it at TJ MAXX and found a pretty, gray floral, peasant blouse and a sleeveless, coral, beige and gray print blouse and suddenly I was hooked on blouses!  This year, I have found several pretty blouses at TJMAXX, Kohl's and Ross.  All at reasonable prices- $20.00 or less.  QVC has some pretty ones.  

I guess clothing is cyclical and suddenly I am seeing pretty blouses everywhere.  Or maybe, they were there and I wasn't noticing them.  With our still hot weather, I am getting a lot of use out of my blouses now.  They have a femininity, I think, about them.  Anyone else buying blouses?😌

Honored Contributor

I wear a lot of blouses for the "short over long look".  I like the no iron at Chicos, and I also go to Dillards, and I buy them at Ralph Lauren.

I just got a beautiful Lauren black houndstooth blouse with faux leather cuffs and collar.  I'll wear it with a shorter red cartigan that has a black scroll design sewn on the front.

I'm never comfortable in layered microfiber and a lot of tops are microfiber.

Honored Contributor

I just bought Denim & Co.'s long sleeve, double pocket apple red blouse.

Be appropriate at Xmas too.

Regular Contributor

Now that you mention it . . . I have bought quite a few blouses over the last year and a half.  I got tired of wearing the same style knit tops to work and thought blouses would be dressier and more professional anyway.  Depends on the top - blouses and tops both have to catch my eye before I will buy them.  I have a few peasant style tops, a few Y-neck, and a few button up but they all have nice fabric, print, or detail that I like that keeps me reaching for them in my closet.

Honored Contributor

My favorite outfit as the weather gets cooler is to wear a crisp (starched) blouse under a sweatshirt, Denim & Co jacket.  I have tons of both and keep going back to those.  They're just comfortable to me.

I wear them like Mary Beth does, I fold over the cuff of the jacket and pull down the sleeve of the blouse and fold it over on the outside.  I pull out the collar of the blouse so it shows over the jacket.

I get compliments on it but even if I didn't I like the way it looks and feels and that's what matters to me.

Trusted Contributor

I have worn blouses for years.  Today I received 3 from Louis.  Long sleeve button front collar.  White, black and yellow.  The fit was perfect as was the price and just want I wanted.  I also have a few similar printed blouses.  They work great under blazers and sweaters from fall thru spring.   They work well with skirts and pants, are easily adapted for the needed occasion and help stretch a wardrobe.  I also have Whisper knit shells and cardigans that work the same way.  For my life style they are more versatile than dresses.  I am sorting out most of my dresses because I no longer wear them much.  Ladies seem to be dressing in a much more informal way the past few years.   The last few times I wore them I felt over dressed.  I will not wear exercise/leisure wear away from my house but it is OK for house and yard work.   I also enjoy Marshalls, TJMaxx, Home Goods and Kohls. These stores are about 15 miles away.  My other stores are about an hour but worth the drive as I get email notice on sales.. Competition is great.   S&H and return shipping charges combined with inconsistent sizing and quality have made me take a good look at my shopping charges.  As you have said, great deals can be bought close to home if we look.  We all have seen local stores/malls close because sales are down and many local jobs are list.  I plan my trips to town, take my coupons and email notices, buy groceries before heading home and get everything done at once.  No returns.  No postage charges.  Money saved and I did my walking for the day.  Not a bad day.  Money well spent.

Respected Contributor

In the winter, all I ever wear are jackets (mostly soft leather) with a tank top underneath.  I don't think I own any button down blouses, and I can't stand sweaters against my highly sensitive skin.  For warmer weather, I have a whole closet full of One World pullover tops........love them!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Yes, yes yes! I have some new blouses from The Loft and NYDJ. They are figure flattering and feminine. I am tired of knits...

Honored Contributor

I don't wear blouses. I cannot stand to have anything up around my neck.

Honored Contributor

I've always had a collection of button front collared (man tailored) blouses. I layer them over and under all sorts of other things.  

Most recently, I bought several on sale at JCP ... I needed some additional colors to wear under sweaters I made.