Honored Contributor

My warm weather "uniform" is a camisol or tank covered by a favorite blouse, sometimes open, sometimes buttoned a bit, never buttoned up to my neck though.

The blouses are all Foxcroft similar to Louis', but rarely does Louis use a color I wear well -  and most of mine I found on Nordstrom's sale racks although they wear so well they're actually worth paying full price.  I think of the dozen or more I own, I paid full price for 2 which I could see right away would not hit the sale racks soon if ever.

Respected Contributor

Agree 100%.  They are back in the stores.  Nice option, but I confess I still like the look of a tee under a cardigan/blazer better.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Super Contributor

I wear a button down shirt 95 percent of the time!! 

Trusted Contributor

To me there is a different between shirts and blouses.  Shirts are crisp, button down style and blouses are soft, billowy sleeves, beautiful collars or cuffs, silk (georgette or charmeuse).  I have and love both depending on the look. I am going for.  Brooks Brothers makes THE best shirts but I rarely see nice blouses anymore.  No lovely silks like years gone by.  Cherish the ones I have but can't seem to be able to find a decent blouse for under $200.

Respected Contributor

Not a fan of blouses. It's probably been 25 years since I've worn one.

Honored Contributor

I'm looking for blouses but will definitely be checking for them at the stores mentioned in this thread!

I've only bought one recently - an IM one I found as a Lunchtime Special. I like them open with a tank top or tee underneath. It is warm here and I don't wear sweaters or jackets much. 

Trusted Contributor

Oh yes. I'm loving the Bohemian vibe in the designs right now. I've bought about 6 new blouses. Now just waiting for the weater to cool slightly as they are long sleeves.

Honored Contributor

I had to wear button downs in the 70s with my school uniform. I also wore shirts and blouses in 80s and 90s either under suits or with dress bottoms when working.  

I don't wear them anymore. I don't think I even own any button downs or feminine blouses anymore. All my tops are knits which I find more comfortable. I think a blouse or shirt can look good for work or with jeans, but they just aren't my style anymore. If I wear a shirt or blouse I feel like I need to tuck it in, which may be the trending style now, but that is not a good look on me.