Esteemed Contributor

Blouses? Anyone Wearing These Days?

We're not seeing these by our illustrious vendors! Or, am I missing them? Does anyone wear them?

I've amassed a collection of tee shirts, which are much more comfortable to wear. When I wore a blouse to class recently, my students complimented me!  (More chic than casual, I guess.)

I only have about 4 blouses, but just shopped for 2 more -- not here.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Blouses? Anyone Wearing These Days?

I have about three nice button downs and some denim shirts I have ordered from QVC.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Harpa  I am dressed for church, but have about 20 minutes before I need to leave so thought I would look in. 

Today, I am wearing a lovely, somewhat transparent, pink blouse by LDO which requires a camisole.  It is a blush color, has whitish-blush circle dots of a tiny eyelash-like raised pattern, however, very small circles (perhaps 3-4 would comprise the size of a quarter) witha pu**y bow. 

With it, I am wearing a lined crepe pencil skirt of a slightly darker color but int he same pink-blush family by Mark Zunino.  Natural colored panty hose, black leather crock-embossed handbag and black patent pumps.

All items are a few years old but well made and something I keep and wear about once a year.  With my pink pearls and earrings by KJ Lane, what I am wearing has the soft look of Palm Sunday.

Honored Contributor

@Harpa

There are lots of blouses available on QVC’s site. I bought a blouse last week but haven’t received it yet. I have no idea what they are showing live; I don’t watch. 

Esteemed Contributor

Blouses are my go-to item.  I like them will bell sleeves and or key-hole configurations around my neck.  I prefer them over any other kind of top and am very happy many are available online and in catalogues.  I normally wear them with cargo pants or skirts.  The skirt thing is because I ballroom dance and they look just right on the dance floor,  

Super Contributor

I live in blouses and button down shirts, Lands End has nice casual ones.

Respected Contributor

I have a couple blouses but find myself reaching for the knit shirts because they are more comfortable. Thanks for the reminder. I’ll try to wear those blouses!

Esteemed Contributor

I wear long-sleeved, button-up-the-front blouses with my jeans.  I admit that these days I wear more tee shirts than blouses, but I own several blouses (all of them white except for 2).  I miss the "old" Coldwater Creek no-iron blouses.  I used to live in those!  Now I buy mine at the Ralph Lauren outlet store a few miles away.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwowrote:

I wear long-sleeved, button-up-the-front blouses with my jeans.  I admit that these days I wear more tee shirts than blouses, but I own several blouses (all of them white except for 2).  I miss the "old" Coldwater Creek no-iron blouses.  I used to live in those!  Now I buy mine at the Ralph Lauren outlet store a few miles away.

In the CWC catalog I just got there's a page full of no iron shirts.  They're back.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a substantial collection of silk blouses and wear them with pant suits on many occasions.  

I've also collected quite of few cotton shirts from Linea by Louis Dell O'lio ... love the button fronts with pocket (A214116) because it is shorter and goes so well with jeans and knit pants alike.  It's also on clearance ... I have just about every color.  The only downside is I hate to iron,  so I send these to my local mom-and-pop laundry for cleaning and ironing ... well worth the price to me.