Honored Contributor

Re: Blazers With "Inverted" Lapels- Yes or No?

I'm not in the market for one,but it's OK.

Jayne Brown presented her design of a similar blazer in her Studio Park collection -- A518449.

Honored Contributor

product thumbnail

I do like Jayne's. I like thinner lapels rather than super wide ones. This doesn't seem inverted just a slimmer version of lapels.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I don't mind an inverted lapel.  It's something a little different.  

@San Antonio Gal 

What a pretty color and I do like this jacket.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

I have a blazer like that and I like it. Something different! I love the color of this blazer.

Honored Contributor

I don't mind it but it wouldn't be my "go-to."

Honored Contributor

If I were still working, I might choose the look because of the clean style it offers.  For my current, casual retirement life I prefer a traditional blazer.   The no, never for me would be very wide pointed lapels.  Terrible look for my generous bust.

Esteemed Contributor

I like it and own a couple like this.  As long as the inverted lapel lays flat which is a pet peeve of mine.  I don't like large lapels that flap around.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

product thumbnail

I do like Jayne's. I like thinner lapels rather than super wide ones. This doesn't seem inverted just a slimmer version of lapels.

@on the bay  In the video for the Jayne's blazer, she definitely designed it to be inverted.  It can also be worn folded back as a thinner lapel though.  You can see how she and Mary Beth wore it in the presentation.  

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper,

Oh thank youSmiley Happy I didn't watch the video. That does sound like an interesting design where you can wear it both ways!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

If it was my only blazer, then I would stick with a classic look, if not, an inverted lapel would be a nice change.