Respected Contributor

Re: Blake Lively at her movie premiere The Rhythm Section.....

@San Antonio Gal My favorite thing about Blake Lively is her husband. ❤️ Lol!

Honored Contributor

I think she is so pretty but the outfit is dreadful.

Replace the boots and gloves and it could be good.

Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain   I agree with you.  They do not look like they work together.  The necklace appears to be a summer gardenish type necklace with a low neck linen dress and the dress looks to be a diamond pendant, the boots (I don't know) don't belong and the gloves not with this dress.  I like them but not with this.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Hi San Antonio Gal,

OY VEY!!!!!

All That Stuff At One Time - is toooooo much for my poor eyes.

It's like all the teeny tiny lights at Boscov's, along with the mirrored support beams everywhere in the store - it's overwhelms my eyes!

Her mix-mosh

-ew....

It makes my whole face hurt looking at all that goofy junk at once.

HARD YUCK - it's trashy not classy.

She is a really pretty kid - she just needed the dress, a simple necklace, strappy sandals, and no gloves - a ring or two.

Done and done...her beauty could have shone, but it's all covered up (cept for her boobs, pushed to her chin) - she could have made a blah dress look fab, not feh.

Respected Contributor

I think she was going for a particular “look,” which one may or may not like. Of course she could have worn the dress with strappy sandals and different/no gloves, but the “safe” look is obviously not what she wanted. I think she carefully chose and combined all of the pieces of the ensemble in a way that took it from boring to interesting/something outside the box. It almost has an antique/old fashioned look to me, with the combination of velvet and leather. Would I wear it? Probably not; but I do kind of like it nonetheless.