Frequent Contributor

Re: Black patent leather or black leather pumps okay for Mother of Groom at wedding?

Perfect!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Black patent leather or black leather pumps okay for Mother of Groom at wedding?

[ Edited ]

@Slainte wrote:

After a lot of internet shoe searching I decided on J. Renee Jadan in the dark taupe glimmer satin. It's a close match to the color of the dress, but a little darker. Since taupe is a more neutral color, I hope to wear these shoes with other dresses. The shoes got very good reviews for comfort so I'm hopeful they will feel good on. Thanks again for all your input.

[Sorry link removed - link to another retailer.]

Perfect!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Classy silver sling backs

@Slainte wrote:

My son is getting married in July at a black tie optional evening wedding and reception. I will be wearing a long sateen twill dress with bolero jacket, silvery gray, quarry color in the Alfred Sung palette, very Audrey Hepburn in style. Is it okay to wear either black patent or black leather pumps with the dress? If either shoe is not a fashion faux pas, which is the better choice, black leather or black patent? Thanks!

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Touch Ups Mindy

Esteemed Contributor

Love them!

J. Renee Jadan

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@Slainte you made an excellent choice!

@winamac1 i love those glittery heels from neiman marcus.....so pretty and the perfect heel height. i cant do really high heels anymore. we used to go to a lot more formal parties, but  nowadays it seems like everyone wants to keep things a bit more casual, so i have less and less really dressy shoes in my wardrobe. i wish i had one of those huge room sized closets that the housewives have. i would love to display my shoes and handbags. LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

6PM has a lot of silver, gray, and pewter dressy shoes in different heel heights under (occasion) bridal or evening & cocktail.

I have these (I paid full price) Caparros Zofia and they are quite comfortable.

Caparros - Zofia

I also have these J Renee Vanna. (mine are blue)

J. Renee - Vanna

Honored Contributor

Michael Kors flex mid heel pumps--I have and gorgeous in silver. 

The black are gorgeous too.

QVC deleted the link, but one can find by searching on google.

QVC doesn't even sell this style of pump so they need to stop removing links. Smiley Sad

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

shoes.jpg

Here are the shoes since the Mods decided to remove my link

@I am still oxox wrote:

Classy silver sling backs

@Slainte wrote:

My son is getting married in July at a black tie optional evening wedding and reception. I will be wearing a long sateen twill dress with bolero jacket, silvery gray, quarry color in the Alfred Sung palette, very Audrey Hepburn in style. Is it okay to wear either black patent or black leather pumps with the dress? If either shoe is not a fashion faux pas, which is the better choice, black leather or black patent? Thanks!

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@Slainte wrote:

After a lot of internet shoe searching I decided on J. Renee Jadan in the dark taupe glimmer satin. It's a close match to the color of the dress, but a little darker. Since taupe is a more neutral color, I hope to wear these shoes with other dresses. The shoes got very good reviews for comfort so I'm hopeful they will feel good on. Thanks again for all your input.

Good choice!!  Have a wonderful time!!