New Contributor

Black pants from Women in Control

This is my first blog. I just have a question if anyone else has experienced fading on black pants. I have washed them in cold water only and use non harsh detergent and still they fade after just a few washings. I really love the way her pants fit but I am so disappointed on their fading.

Honored Contributor

Re: Black pants from Women in Control

i turn mine inside out and wash in warm water.

i also tumble dry on medium heat.

i have not had this issue , but they have faded over time.....over a year old or so. i then just use them for around the house or exercise and purchase new ones for "going out."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
New Contributor

I forgot to also specify that I do turn them inside out but like you I use them around the house. Thanks for your info.

Honored Contributor

@Lisa G13 

Welcome to the boards!

You could try one of the RIT products to bring the black back, so to speak.

Image result for rit dark dye for black pants

Respected Contributor

@Lisa G13  I LOVE my Women with Control pants. They are the most comfortable pants I own. However, they do fade, for me.  But I don't mind, because I only wear those for everyday, casual wear.  If I need to dress up, I wear Ponte Pants that don't fade.

Honored Contributor

Yes .... after a few washings, SOME of them have faded a bit.   I also have some that haven't faded at all.  

My guess is it's the quality of the cotton the particular manufacturer used since they were different styles / bought at different times.

For everyday pants .. not really an issue for me ... considering the price.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lisa G13 wrote:

This is my first blog. I just have a question if anyone else has experienced fading on black pants. I have washed them in cold water only and use non harsh detergent and still they fade after just a few washings. I really love the way her pants fit but I am so disappointed on their fading.

NEVER!!!! ...........

and I wash and dryer dry them on  HOT, over and over for years and years and they still look like new!   I wash them with other clothing and  have never ,ever given them any special care .

(I use Tide)

Respected Contributor

I own and wear a lot of WWC and yes, some do fade a bit, but I've never felt that it was noticeable enough to stop wearing them. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@Lisa G13 wrote:

NEVER!!!! ...........

and I wash and dryer dry them on  HOT, over and over for years and years and they still look like new!   I wash them with other clothing and  have never ,ever given them any special care .

(I use Tide)

They don't shrink or get misshapen in the dryer?  I always hang to dry, but will happily throw them in the dryer if they can handle it.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@Lisa G13 wrote:

NEVER!!!! ...........

(I use Tide)

They don't shrink or get misshapen in the dryer?  I always hang to dry, but will happily throw them in the dryer if they can handle it.

@NYCLatinaMe 

I wash dark fabrics (turned inside out) only in cold water and dry on perm press,  Never had any adverse results. I don't wash anything in hot water or dry in a hot dryer.