Valued Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@daisy123which color do you think you would get more wear out of?

I wear a lot of black,  I am large busted so i try
and wear dark colors on top. I feel comfortable in black..... but being older i worry aout the harshness of the shade.

Honored Contributor

If you like the-sweater and the fit....I would keep both. You will regret it later if you send one back....

and then there is the shipping loss of $$$....

both taupe and Black are fabulous shades on you! 

Honored Contributor

I consider black to be too harsh for someone with a very fair, pale complexion.   I have similar coloring and never wear black tops for that reason.  I'm not crazy about drab taupe either but it beats black.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

@daisy123 wrote:

getting sweater for christmas. I got both black and a taupe shade. I have marybeth 's coloring and about her age. Help please can't decide...can't keep both !!

I would go with the taupe as it is lighter and a more cheerful color!

@GAQShopr53.   Taupe cheerful?  Don't think I've ever seen a cheerful shade of taupe.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Black or Taupe.....

[ Edited ]

I think a lot of people think that taupe is a muddy color of yellow brown but it is not.  It is a rich gray with some brownish pink thrown in to make it sunshiny.  Very classy.  On a scale of 1-10, class and colors, I rank black an 8, white a 9 and taupe a 10 (f they are all done properly, not trashy, but elegant).

Honored Contributor

As someone with fair hair skin and eyes I find taupe to be tricky. It has to be just the right shade! Black always works

Honored Contributor

@daisy123

Here is MaryBeth in black.  She doesn't look "washed-out" to me or in black or any color she wears.

I would say it depends on makeup and/or accessories.  Lots more pictures of MaryBeth below:

Related image Image result for marybeth roe

Here she is in a pale taupe:

Remember this?

Image result for marybeth roe

Now this is more gray than actual taupe, but it may help:

Image result for marybeth roe

Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

@Homegirl  That dress you referred to as taupe does not look taupe to me.  It looks like a greenish-yellow with an ivory lace over it, thus making it more in the yellowish brown family, not the gray-pink brown but that's just my idea of taupe.  I think of taupe as difficult to distinguish from some grays.

Honored Contributor

Re: Black or Taupe.....

[ Edited ]

That must be the way it looks on your own screen, @NameAlreadyTaken

I see zero green or yellow.  Just a pale taupe.  Taupe is basically grey/beige, as you know.

Do a search for MaryBeth Roe and check out all her images and this dress will pop up multiple times.  It's the one she wore to her son's wedding.

Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

@Homegirl wrote:

That must be the way it looks on your own screen, @NameAlreadyTaken

I see zero green or yellow.  Just a pale taupe.  Taupe is basically grey/beige, as you know.

Do a search for MaryBeth Roe and check out all her images and this dress will pop up multiple times.  It's the one she wore to her son's wedding.

@Homegirl  Thank you for clearing that up.  Yes, it does look sort of limey on my screen under ivory lace.