Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

@dogsx3 wrote:

getting sweater for christmas. I got both black and a taupe shade. I have marybeth 's coloring and about her age. Help please can't decide...can't keep both !!

I would go with the taupe as it is lighter and a more cheerful color!

@GAQShopr53.   Taupe cheerful?  Don't think I've ever seen a cheerful shade of taupe.

@Kachina624  (smiling) I just think taupe is a more cheerful/brighter color than black in the winter.  

Valued Contributor

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

@dogsx3 wrote:

getting sweater for christmas. I got both black and a taupe shade. I have marybeth 's coloring and about her age. Help please can't decide...can't keep both !!

I would go with the taupe as it is lighter and a more cheerful color!

@GAQShopr53.   Taupe cheerful?  Don't think I've ever seen a cheerful shade of taupe.

@Kachina624  (smiling) I just think taupe is a more cheerful/brighter color than black in the winter.  

There's NOTHING cheerfull about the color taupe - bland and boring color.

Honored Contributor

I'm  blonde/fair.  Taupe .... depends on the shade.  Some look great, some look awful.  I need a cool taupe.

Black is safe.  Black is black is black.  Taupe can be any one of a variety of shades!

Honored Contributor

@dogsx3 wrote:

@dogsx3  In general, I don’t follow the seasonal coloring theories. Most women can wear many colors w/ a few exceptions. If you like taupe, but feel it looks a bit drab, a change in blush, brighter jewelry around the face, scarf, etc. The same goes for black. I’m quite fair and have always worn black tops. As I’ve gotten older, I brightened my lip color to brighter pink & may add a turquoise necklace or bright silver collar. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm going to join Team "get both".  Both are great colors and pretty much my wardrobe plus I add some camel.  I wear mostly black.  

Honored Contributor

@dogsx3. I f you already have a lot of Black in your wardrobe, why not get the Taupe? I think the right shade of Taupe can be very pretty and versatile....Or like a lot are saying-get both, if you think you will be able to get much use out of both......