Trusted Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@dogsx3which color do you think you would get more wear out of?

I wear a lot of black,  I am large busted so i try
and wear dark colors on top. I feel comfortable in black..... but being older i worry aout the harshness of the shade.

Honored Contributor

If you like the-sweater and the fit....I would keep both. You will regret it later if you send one back....

and then there is the shipping loss of $$$....

both taupe and Black are fabulous shades on you! 

Honored Contributor

I consider black to be too harsh for someone with a very fair, pale complexion.   I have similar coloring and never wear black tops for that reason.  I'm not crazy about drab taupe either but it beats black.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

@dogsx3 wrote:

getting sweater for christmas. I got both black and a taupe shade. I have marybeth 's coloring and about her age. Help please can't decide...can't keep both !!

I would go with the taupe as it is lighter and a more cheerful color!

@GAQShopr53.   Taupe cheerful?  Don't think I've ever seen a cheerful shade of taupe.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Black or Taupe.....

[ Edited ]

I think a lot of people think that taupe is a muddy color of yellow brown but it is not.  It is a rich gray with some brownish pink thrown in to make it sunshiny.  Very classy.  On a scale of 1-10, class and colors, I rank black an 8, white a 9 and taupe a 10 (f they are all done properly, not trashy, but elegant).

Honored Contributor

As someone with fair hair skin and eyes I find taupe to be tricky. It has to be just the right shade! Black always works

Honored Contributor

@dogsx3

Here is MaryBeth in black.  She doesn't look "washed-out" to me or in black or any color she wears.

I would say it depends on makeup and/or accessories.  Lots more pictures of MaryBeth below:

Related image Image result for marybeth roe

Here she is in a pale taupe:

Remember this?

Image result for marybeth roe

Now this is more gray than actual taupe, but it may help:

Image result for marybeth roe

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach  That dress you referred to as taupe does not look taupe to me.  It looks like a greenish-yellow with an ivory lace over it, thus making it more in the yellowish brown family, not the gray-pink brown but that's just my idea of taupe.  I think of taupe as difficult to distinguish from some grays.

Honored Contributor

Re: Black or Taupe.....

[ Edited ]

That must be the way it looks on your own screen, @Nonametoday

I see zero green or yellow.  Just a pale taupe.  Taupe is basically grey/beige, as you know.

Do a search for MaryBeth Roe and check out all her images and this dress will pop up multiple times.  It's the one she wore to her son's wedding.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

That must be the way it looks on your own screen, @Nonametoday

I see zero green or yellow.  Just a pale taupe.  Taupe is basically grey/beige, as you know.

Do a search for MaryBeth Roe and check out all her images and this dress will pop up multiple times.  It's the one she wore to her son's wedding.

@GingerPeach  Thank you for clearing that up.  Yes, it does look sort of limey on my screen under ivory lace.