Valued Contributor

Hi all.  For those who wear leggings, is it ok to wear black leggings with different color boots?  I just bought a taupe/grey pair of boots and was planning on wearing them with my black leggings.  I always wear black boots with leggings so wearing this color boot will be different for me.  Do you think this will look ok?  Thanks for your responses!

Honored Contributor

Re: Black leggings and boots

[ Edited ]

@Arianny  Of course you can wear boots of another color with your black leggings.  I sure would and do.  I think as long as you're pulling together the color of the boots with something else like top you're choosing ie a sweater & scarf or jacket.

Don't feel as if you always need to wear black leggings with black boots, shoes.  Don't limit your wardrobe possibilities - your own style is what makes the world go 'round.  And it gives the rest of us other fashion ideas as well.

Be your own fashionista and enjoy it!

Valued Contributor

Thanks PinkDogwood!  I always wear my black boots with black leggings, but I wanted to try something different.  Then after I got the boots, I was having second thoughts.  You have inspired me to break out of my comfort zone - I am excited to wear them!

Esteemed Contributor

Depending on the outfit.... why not? I have done this many times and it looks just fine.

Respected Contributor

absolutely!

Trusted Contributor

Yupp. I have brown boots and a taupe/grey pair that I wear with my black jeggings, slim leg ponte pants, or tights when I wear a skirt. Sometimes I like to break up the black.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Arianny  Awww, well thank you Ms Arianny!  BTW, what color are your boots and what sort of style are they?

I love boots of all types, tall ones, shorties, booties, shoeties.  I must say I have a great collection myself and am so looking forward to wearing mine too.

Contributor

I have been wearing a grey sweater, black jeggins, and grey boots for two winters.  My vote is to go for it.  My oldest daughter wears red boots with black leggings all the time and is always getting compliments.

Regular Contributor

I love breaking up the color!  Then people can see my boots, rather than blending in!

Honored Contributor

There are no rules.  Wear what you like and makes you happy.  I wear the Marc Fisher bordeaux boots with my black jeans, leggings and they look great.