Trusted Contributor

Re: Black and White for spring-- Queen Latizia of Spain

On 4/6/2015 Love Roses said:
On 4/5/2015 Kachina624 said: I'm surprised she'd show up for church in pants.

I agree. In Spain, the royal families stay by tradition and wear dressy suits/dresses. They just finished with Holy Week and the wearing of the black dresses, hose, salon shoes, penetas, mantillas, and the gloves. She might be making a certain feminists statement. Not to confuse or make similarities to what we know as feminism here.

It is a nice looking outfit.

She's not your "average" Spanish Queen! LOL She's divorced, a "commoner," and worked as a journalist before marrying her second husband. I like her style and her girls are adorable! P.S. Her name is Letizia, not Latizia.

Super Contributor

Thanks I didn't realize I had misspelled her name. I like her style also. She's very pretty and her girls are adorable. Nice looking family.

I like that the jacket is a bit longer, that is just my style, I like a jacket with a little length. I like the material also, it seems to be a bit textured, but doesn't compete with the shell. Pretty.

Respected Contributor

n/m

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

Very pretty lady with great style.

Honored Contributor

Wow, look at the high heels. How does anyone walk like that.

Respected Contributor

On 4/6/2015 ValuSkr said:

Wow, look at the high heels. How does anyone walk like that.

With grace.... Smile

Respected Contributor

On 4/5/2015 helping said: The length of her jacket is longer than all the short jackets Q is pushing. Her length is SO much more flattering!

I agree with you. All of those short jackets cut me in half. I am tall and they look like I am wearing my kid sister's clothes when I wear them.

Regular Contributor

For those of us who love Linea, The top looks a lot like Louis's "Lilly" print from a couple of years ago...it had a matching jacket and came in black/pink combo as well she's wearing one great outfit...
Super Contributor

Honored Contributor

On 4/6/2015 SoftRaindrops said:
On 4/5/2015 helping said: The length of her jacket is longer than all the short jackets Q is pushing. Her length is SO much more flattering!

I agree with you. All of those short jackets cut me in half. I am tall and they look like I am wearing my kid sister's clothes when I wear them.

I'm short and do not like these short jackets. I've been noticing that even men's suits are now featuring these shorter, almost too small looking, jackets.

As for the Queen, she is lovely. Black and white has always been my favorite combination.