Frequent Contributor

Black Dress Winner

[ Edited ]

I just received this black dress after an exhaustive search.  The fabric is medium weight which means --not too thin and not heavy.  It meets all my body requirements--covers my knees (I am 5'3), is comfortable, and is A-line thus hiding all the problem areas.  The best part is it is currently drastically reduced (misses sizes more than petite)  for a limited time.  I believe it is not available in stores. It is Macy's Charter Club.

Honored Contributor

Very classy looking, you can go anywhere in that dress.

I understand about "exhaustive" but victory is sweet.

Is the belt removable?   For me, I would probably prefer wearing a different belt, but I'm a belt person.

Honored Contributor

love the versatility....strappy heels or tights/boots.  Good choice and classic lines.

Frequent Contributor

@software  Yes, belt is removable and I am like you, in wanting to switch out the belt.   I spent part of yesterday looking thru my belt collection and searching online though I didn't come up with anything.  I am looking for all black, no metal.  I plan to wear pearl earrings and necklace and you are right again, you can dress this up or down,  Sadly I purchased the dress to wear to a memorial service for a close friend who passed last month.  

Honored Contributor

@maisiebrook I'm sorry about your friend, you made a perfect choice of dress. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Perfect!  Does anyone else read Sue Grafton mysteries?  The main character, Kinsey, had an all purpose black dress that was featured in many of the mysteries.  I am pretty certain it was not as lovely as this - great find!

Trusted Contributor

@FastDogWalker2 wrote:

Perfect!  Does anyone else read Sue Grafton mysteries?  The main character, Kinsey, had an all purpose black dress that was featured in many of the mysteries.  I am pretty certain it was not as lovely as this - great find!

I loved it when she talked about her all purpose black dress.  In fact, I loved her pared down life style.  So different from all the stuff I encumber myself with.

That black dress is so perfect.

Trusted Contributor

@maisiebrook  First of all, I am sorry for the loss of your friend.  I find Macy's Charter Club brand has good value & style.  I am also petite & shop at Macy's often for their selection.  Style & Co. and Alfani are also nice Macy's brands for petites. I hope the next time you wear this dress it's for a happier occassion.

Honored Contributor

I don't like dresses but if this were a bit above the knee and with some type of higher heels or wedges it wouldn't be half bad.   Like it is it looks too librarian to me.

Honored Contributor

Nice dress.  It's similar to one of my LDBs - mine has long sleeves - but otherwise looks pretty close.

Mine is a poly/rayon crepe fabric.  I got it in Coldwater Creek when they still had stores!