Esteemed Contributor

Birkenstocks & socks in winter? Do u?

Anybody wear Birkenstocks and socks in winter? I'm having metatarsal foot pain and Birkenstocks are the shoes that feel best to me. I'm thinking about wearing them with socks to work tomorrow. What do you think?

Respected Contributor

Re: Birkenstocks & socks in winter? Do u?

Do whatever is best for your pain. Who cares if anyone thinks you are not “fashionable.” But that aside I see many wearing their Birkenstocks with socks lately.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you can, match your socks and your birkis.  I'm assuming that your work space is fairly casual; I might wear slacks rather than jeans (to make outfit less casual).

Respected Contributor

Google Birkenstocks with socks and you will find tons of pictures and articles, if it will make you feel better.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I see it all the time, so wear what makes your foot feel better!

Respected Contributor

foot pain trumps all else.  YES.  i would/do anyway.

Respected Contributor

ABSOLUTELY YES!  Wear your Birkie's!!!  Smiley Happy

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

Yes, I do.  Unhappily, I have feet that sweat, so I like to wear socks to absorb any unsavory smells!  Just wear socks that blend in color-wise.  Remember, Birkenstocks are all about healthy feet.

Respected Contributor

When I travel out of the country I always take Birkenstocks with me for slippers for on the plane, and this is in winter.  I always have heavy socks and use the as slippers, so even if I want to run out to the market I can wear these as well.  The only thing that keeps me from wearing them is if I know it's going to be rainy or snowy. Heavy wool socks are perfect.

Respected Contributor

I do wear Birks with socks in winter.  I don't wear Birks out in public, but around the house, 100-percent of the time.

I wear athletic shoes to the gym  or for outdoor activities, but change out of them as soon as I get home.

I wear dress shoes to social occasions.  I wear casual leather clogs with socks to go out shopping or to a doctor's apppointment in winter.

Otherwise, I refuse to close up my toes in shoes for too many hours.  My Birks are my most valuable and longest-owned possession!!

Birks do not, in my opinion, make good walking shoes, however.  It's hard for me to wear them when walking more than just around the house.