Esteemed Contributor

Re: Binder Clips And Misleading Online Photos

@Bri369 wrote:

I've always assumed they use clips on the models online and in catalogs.

I've seen models on QVC with clips on the back of the garment. 

I just assumed everyone does it...

Why can't they just show the clothes on the models as is?  If they have to use clips, then the clothes don't fit right.  Deceptive advertising for sure.  Then when we return an item for fit issues, we are punished with the loss of the initial shipping and the return shipping fee.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think some hosts, who wear the clothing they are presenting, get the pieces they have on altered to fit them before they go on air. For example, the hemlines on dresses and pants are shortened so that they are proportioned to fit the host. Not all, but some hosts I've seen appear to have altered clothing on.

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs   No argument from me, but since I'm scarcely a "fashionista" I truly didn't know that clips were standard.  And I very seldom latch onto the latest trend.

For instance, I like skirted swim suits. Just pretty much a conservative, and more than a little predictable, in my attire and comfortable with my choices. 

Fortunately I know my sizes for various clothing lines so rarely do I have to return or exchange clothing purchases from brick and mortar and never have had to here but I stick to a few manufacturers with which I'm very familiar.

Long live differences, though, with the mind boggling outfit choices we enjoy.

Respected Contributor

Ive seen the clips numerous time on the models.  By accident of course.

Esteemed Contributor

@Puppy Lips  what happens is you have a size 6 dress on a size 0 model.

I'm no fashionista so I go by the garment sizing charts and reviews when I shop here. I never watch live anymore, I only watch the posted videos when available.

Honored Contributor

The models are tiny and sometimes the sample sizes are too big for them.  I can see why they would need clips.

The problem I have with the clips is they made the garment look fitted when it's really not. 

Honored Contributor

I had to learn the hard way from ordering things and finding out they were baggy rather than fit like the models. I’ve seen this on mannequins too. 

I think it’s false advertising and despite the many worldy people here that knew this already, I would imagine many don’t and advertisers count on this. If they want to avoid returns, present the clothing without altering the fit. 

Respected Contributor

I did not know misleading fashion photos was a common and, apparently, acceptable practice.

Esteemed Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@Puppy Lips  what happens is you have a size 6 dress on a size 0 model.

I'm no fashionista so I go by the garment sizing charts and reviews when I shop here. I never watch live anymore, I only watch the posted videos when available.

Yes that could be the case.  So a customer who is a size 0 is then getting the wrong impression of fit, and it will be way too big on them, especially if they state the model is wearing a 6, when in fact it has been altered by clips.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse Worldly?😘😄

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"