Super Contributor

I would wager that most viewers of QVC are older women. I was rather shocked to see the leather G.I.L.I. tight fitting jacket with a huge collar that Lisa Robertson presented the other day. I believe that Lisa is involved in this particular line of clothing-designs some pieces, perhaps? At any rate, who could/would wear this, unless you are a teen ager, super petite person? If people buy LOGO, they probably loved the biker babe look, too. They have so few good clothing lines left on QVC, I would think they would try to provide clothing that speaks to the audience - gender, age, life style.

Super Contributor

Nothing to be shocked over. It seems you are completely unaware of QVC's demographic audience. Lisa posted the link to this TSV Leather Moto Jacket on her FB yesterday and it's been crazy popular!! Some colors and sizes are already limited and might not make it to air when this jacket is shown on 12/5. So I'd say there are a lot of us "biker babes" out there that is looking for fresh new styles from Q.

I personally bought 3 of these TSV jackets and can't wait to get them. They're so stylish & classy. I love a fitted look. By the overwhelming popularity of Lisa's GILI line that tells me women are starving for more trendy clothes and not Susan Graver, Denim & Co. & Quacker Factory attire. I do fear though, once Lisa leaves and the GILI line goes by the wayside, QVC is going to LOSE many, many viewers. And the majority then will be just your "older women" as you put it. Lisa brought s*xy to the channel and will be sad to see the fashion forward styles leave with her.

Respected Contributor

I love my leather. It has nothing to do with being a biker, which I am not. I just like the look and wear it often. Personal choice and taste is all. We are blessed to have all the choices available to us. As far as Lisa leaving, maybe other hosts will fill the void. Albany Irvin wore a very nice looking outfit yesterday. Very much like my style.

Valued Contributor

that jacket is gorgeous!

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Respected Contributor

It is gorgeous and I love that's it's edgy style- But it's too late for leather now as outerwear (in the northeast). I would never wear that as as an interior jacket for work- I would die of heat- So not sure of who would wear this...

Respected Contributor

Another moto jacket. Ho-hum. Some like them, some do not. I do not like them. They seem to have offered them before, no?

Honored Contributor
That jacket is too edgy for me. It is too short and too tight. I also don't like the uneven hem or the huge lapels. I own a more understated moto jacket that is a ""friendlier"" fit for my mature post 50 body. ETA: I don't like the asymmetrical zipper either.
Super Contributor

I am not shocked by the Moto jacket - tight fitting with the huge wing like collar- People buy the line with millions of pieces of fabric sticking out everywhere, too. Everyone to their own taste. Maybe grandma will love one for Christmas, along with a motorcycle! It is all about pleasing your audience, and the Q audience is older women. Rather "edgy" for that audience, in my opinion. I see that the usual amount of "planted" forum people commented on this, defending the jacket. Hopefully, the New Year will bring about good changes in the clothing lines, and QVC will try to please their audience...which are not biker babes.

Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.glare}Perhaps, the demographic is changing to a younger group of people. Just saying.

Super Contributor

I was in marketing for several years...think about who the audience for QVC would be. It would be people who are more likely to be retired, or stay at home moms, who are not able to get out shopping much, and live a conservative life style, which would include their clothing. Would they be likely to wear a biker jacket?