Honored Contributor

In case you don't subscribe to their emails.

Honored Contributor

Re: Big Sale at Lord & Taylor

In the past month or so - a couple of my friends stopped in the store on 5th and said it was just so sad to see what became of L&T. 

From Yahoo Finance:

Hudson's Bay's (NASDAQOTH: HBAYF) Lord & Taylor chain, founded in 1826, is the oldest department store chain still operating in the United States. However, Lord & Taylor has been struggling in recent years, as it failed to adapt to changing shopping habits and the growth of e-commerce as quickly as rivals like Nordstrom (NYSE: JWN).
Honored Contributor

Our Lord & Taylor closed years ago

Honored Contributor

Ann Taylor is having a big sale too. I was looking for a black top with something different. Found one with lantern sleeves that was in sale and half off that. $19.99. Got a red shaker knit sweater for $15.49. I like that the sleeves on the black top have a cuff that keeps them from being too "wild".

Free 2 day shipping and free returns with Shoprunner. 

481888_2222.jpeg485698_5299.jpeg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBAI was in NYC this past weekend and had to go into L&T to pay my last respects.  It was my "go to" store for restrooms and a pleasant lunch.   At Christmas it was always so beautifully decorated inside.  I was almost in tears.  The floors, only 5 of which were still open, were almost bare.  So very sad.  I hope Macy's hangs in there.  I would be truly devastated if that store on Herald Square closed.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimonoYes, they are having a great sale but unfortunately to get free shipping the order has to be at least $99.  I'll pass.

Honored Contributor

I live around the corner from one of their suburbs stores, I love shopping there 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I recall vividly our yearly pilgrimage to the Lord & Taylor in Seven Corners Virginia. We always had lunch at the restaurant on the top floor. It was the 60s