Honored Contributor

They are selling this jacket for $140 .... to be a walking advertisement.

Even for free, I would never wear anything with a brand label on the outside.

product thumbnail 6

Honored Contributor

The North Face coats, Addidas sneakers, Coach handbags, Harley-Davidson apparel, Columbia coats, some Dooney & Bourke handbags, etc., etc., etc.

Many very successful quality brands have been doing this for decades.  

Respected Contributor
Let’s be honest, you wouldn’t wear that jacket anyway.

I have that coat from when it was a TSV 2 years ago. I think the label on the sleeve is cute. It’s no more obtrusive than the brass name plate on my Dooney handbag or the silver MK logo on my Michael Kors loafers.

Honored Contributor

Agree with @ALRATIBA   I'm not into "status" if that's what having a label on the outside of a garment is supposed to indicate.  Otherwise, they can pay me to wear their garment, not the other way around!!!

Honored Contributor

I have no problem wearing a label of a brand name.  If I like the product, I'll wear it - with or without the brand name on it.   

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper 

Agree - but as I said - I'm not wearing (or carryng) anything with a brand name showng unless they are paying me to advertise for them.

-------------------------------------------

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

The North Face coats, Addidas sneakers, Coach handbags, Harley-Davidson apparel, Columbia coats, some Dooney & Bourke handbags, etc., etc., etc.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Agree with @ALRATIBA   I'm not into "status" if that's what having a label on the outside of a garment is supposed to indicate.  Otherwise, they can pay me to wear their garment, not the other way around!!!

it's not even a status brand , it's a knock off of Canada Goose, it's house brand for the Q 

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper   Most jeans can be identified by unique stitching on the pocket,  Ralph Lauren has made a fortune with his Polo Logo, Nike, the swoosh is on everything, and so many more.  

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac   Very true.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

I don't like the sleeve logo either, but I've seen worse. I prefer no visible logos at all. If I really love something, I can handle a small, subtle, and unobtrusive logo. It used to be only the "high end" brands showed their logos, and it was a sign of affluence or "good taste". Now it seems a lot brands do it. I don't care for it.