Honored Contributor

Re: Bibi deserved her own thread this week...

Thanks for posting.    I'm in my 60s and always looking for clothing to wear so I won't look like an "old lady" or a 12 year old girl.    I don't care for the ripped jeans on anyone so that's a hard pass but she carries it off.

I love all the outfits, especially the dress.

And for those who think her outfits are too young, I disagree

If she was trying to be "young & hip" she would be showing a LOT more skin,

She's modest & modern.

Honored Contributor

She looks wonderful and I do love her style.  Would have loved to seen how she grew her wardrobe and her look from her 20's on.  I googled Bibi and Bibi Fashions but could find nothing on her.  Tell us her history if you can, would love to read the story.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

I found someone by the name of Bibi Horst, a fashion influencer. Could that be her? 

I like Bibi's  style; she wears the clothes well. I wear ripped jeans and own a pair. They're not necessarily for young only, any age can wear them IMO. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Super Contributor

Who's Bibi? Never heard of her....

Honored Contributor

I think she looks great, she obviously enjoys expressing herself through her fashion. Looks well put together and puts effort into that.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

The ripped jeans have got to go!  She is no longer a young woman and those jeans look silly on her.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Not a fan of the shoes except for the loafers.  Would love to know more about those.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've not heard of her but I don't really search out fashion blogs so I wouldn't expect to know her.  I love her style!  #3, 4 and 5 are right up my alley. She looks so put together without looking like she is trying.  And her shoes are TDF.  

ETA - I just found her on Instagram.  Thanks for posting this @MacDUFF !

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

I found someone by the name of Bibi Horst, a fashion influencer. Could that be her? 

I like Bibi's  style; she wears the clothes well. I wear ripped jeans and own a pair. They're not necessarily for young only, any age can wear them IMO. 

thanks for telling us her name @teganslaw .

interesting......she is a "german lifestyle blogger."

unfortunately, her blog is all in german, but you can check out the photos.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I found Bibi Horst's blog...she refers to it as an online magazine, and I would say that's accurate...several years ago and instantly recognized her as a woman after my own fashionista heart.  I'm way past fascination...at this point, I admittedly have a very high admiration for her style.  I'm consistently inspired by her looks.

She's in her late 50's.  It may not have been clear in my OP, but I'M pushing 70, not Bibi.

Her blog is called schokoladenjahre, German for the chocolate years (dotcom).  My computer always auto-translates other languages, altho there are a few glitches...once, the title of her post was "I am a snake," which I'm quite sure was not what she wanted to say hahaha.

IIRC, somewhere she mentioned that she started out going to school to be an architect, but she was an interior designer for 25ish years before moving on to her magazine.  I tend to think those experiences probably give her a unique eye for proportion, structure, design, color etc. in fashion.

She rotates and wears a lot of her accessories and clothes and manages to not look repetitious.  Same sweater, necklace, and shoes (right pic is a few years old)...

styling tips for little women from blogger Bibi Horst

Same purse (pic on right is old)...

styling tips for little women from blogger Bibi Horst

I agree with @software ...I don't want to look like a teenager, like I'm trying to hard, being too trendy, but neither do I want to look matronly, overly conservative, or stuck in a rut.  Bibi strikes the perfect balance IMO.  

I don't know about those loafers @Tadaki, but she has worn similar that were Uggs.

@San Antonio Gal   

@Tessa Mendoza 

@manny2 

@author 

@haddon9 

@OutofMadison 

@DiAnne 

@Foxxee 

@Tallgal 

@Still Raining 

@tobes 

@Caligurll