Super Contributor

Re: Between petite and regular in bottoms - Ugh!

QRBird16 - Thank you - I thought that was kind of rude! haha. I'm new to posting in here and a comment like that in all caps makes me want to rethink that.

@birdQ13 wrote:
It is frustrating to be in between. Further... I cannot sew, I don’t want to try to learn to anymore... I won’t yell at you in CAPS to sew. Lol.

Honored Contributor

@MM13 wrote:

It's so hard for me to buy pants - here or anywhere! I have a longer rise but am only 5'2". When I buy petite pants, they are too short. When I buy regular, they are too long. Anyone else have this issue? I do check inseam measurements here. Some styles lend themselves to work with a shorter or longer length, but I have the hardest time with wide legs, jeans and lounge pants. Anyone know of any brands that have longer lengthed petites or shorter regulars? Just throwing this question out there!

@MM13   I can't wear a petite rise either.  Several years ago I discovered that purchasing Misses capris is the perfect ankle length for me in slack and jeans. No tailoring needed.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

LEARN HOW TO DO A SIMPLE HEM.  End of problem.

Doesn't work so well for jeans (or some lounge-y types of pants, because of the fabric). Also changes the shape of some wider legged pants.

Exactly. It can change the whole look depending on the type of cut so it really doesn't help me. 

Respected Contributor

@Hippiified wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@MM13 wrote:

It's so hard for me to buy pants - here or anywhere! I have a longer rise but am only 5'2". When I buy petite pants, they are too short. When I buy regular, they are too long. Anyone else have this issue? I do check inseam measurements here. Some styles lend themselves to work with a shorter or longer length, but I have the hardest time with wide legs, jeans and lounge pants. Anyone know of any brands that have longer lengthed petites or shorter regulars? Just throwing this question out there!

Roughly the same height as you, same problem. 27" (even 28") usually too short, 30" too long. (I agree -- especially with wide legs, some styles of jeans, and wider lounge pants)! Smiley Sad

@jonbon LOGO has many with 29"

Will check it out!