Honored Contributor

Re: Between petite and regular in bottoms - Ugh!

[ Edited ]

The only advice I can give is find a good tailor. You can't change your size, and off the rack stuff, isn't made to fit people with a bit of a difference is shape or height..I use a tailor very often, and it is worth every penny I spend

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm the same and had the worst time trying to find pants I didn't have to hem, I usually ended up buying ankle pants.  Last year I found Kim Rogers and New Directions pants at Belks.  I buy size 10 SHORT, not petite, and the pants fit me perfectly in both brands.  The rise is great and the length is perfect.  Plus, there are always sales and free shipping at $25 right now.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

The only adive I can give is find a good tailor. You can't change your size, and off the rack stuff, isn't made to fit people with a bit of a difference is shape or heigth..I use a tailor very often, and it is worth evey penny I spend

@cherry Look at it this way Beautiful!  We're unique!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Me too!  I only wear flat and low-heel shoes ... and one inseam length works for all my shoes.

I'm somewhere between 5.5" and 5'6" .... with a longer torso and shorter legs.  (I've lost a bit of height in recent years.)

Until about 10 years ago - my inseam was 30".  These days 29 is best.

Chico's sells shorts and petites.  LandsEnd pants are hemmed to order.  Two places to check.  I just got some pants from LandsEnd.

For inexpensive pants - I have some iro-on hem adhesive.  Works for heavier fabrics.  You can get it at Amazon.

------------------------------------

@MM13 wrote:

It's so hard for me to buy pants - here or anywhere! I have a longer rise but am only 5'2". When I buy petite pants, they are too short. When I buy regular, they are too long. Anyone else have this issue? I do check inseam measurements here. Some styles lend themselves to work with a shorter or longer length, but I have the hardest time with wide legs, jeans and lounge pants. Anyone know of any brands that have longer lengthed petites or shorter regulars? Just throwing this question out there!

Valued Contributor

It is frustrating to be in between. Further... I cannot sew, I don’t want to try to learn to anymore... I won’t yell at you in CAPS to sew. Lol.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

LEARN HOW TO DO A SIMPLE HEM.  End of problem.

Doesn't work so well for jeans (or some lounge-y types of pants, because of the fabric). Also changes the shape of some wider legged pants.

Esteemed Contributor

@MM13 

I’m the same as you. I have a regular rise, but I need a petite inseam.  I learned years ago to buy regular pants and hem them to a petite length.  Thank heavens I know how to sew and can do my own hems. Of course, this means that I can’t buy any pants with an ankle zipper, or any other kind of decoration because it would be cut off when I shorten the pants.  

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

I buy a lot of my pants/jeans from Kohl's & sometimes I can wear a regular petite & sometimes I need a short petite.  I have to really pay attention the inseam length, sometimes the short is too short for me & the regular is too long.  I have a pair of Lee Flex Motion Bootcut jeans that I got in regular petite that I have to take somewhere to get them altered when things open back up, because they're about 1½" too long for me.  I got another pair of the same jeans in black in short petite & they're fine.  I have the same issue with Kohl's Sonoma brand pants.

Respected Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@MM13 wrote:

It's so hard for me to buy pants - here or anywhere! I have a longer rise but am only 5'2". When I buy petite pants, they are too short. When I buy regular, they are too long. Anyone else have this issue? I do check inseam measurements here. Some styles lend themselves to work with a shorter or longer length, but I have the hardest time with wide legs, jeans and lounge pants. Anyone know of any brands that have longer lengthed petites or shorter regulars? Just throwing this question out there!

Roughly the same height as you, same problem. 27" (even 28") usually too short, 30" too long. (I agree -- especially with wide legs, some styles of jeans, and wider lounge pants)! Smiley Sad

@jonbon LOGO has many with 29"

Esteemed Contributor

Born with short arms and legs.  Short too.  A petite rise is eye watering.  Spent my whole life hemming.  Right now the sleeves of my robe are rolled up.  Sigh.