Contributor

Best black skinny/straight leg jeans/pants?

I have had two pairs of black jeans.. From old navy and gap I guess. Black ones generally look old after a few washes and I always get lint on them. Are there a good pair of black jeans that hold the color and are lint free? I am planning on getting them during the Nordstrom sale.

Super Contributor

Re: Best black skinny/straight leg jeans/pants?

Have you tried Not your daughter's jeans brand? They seem to have a nice selection of black jeans. I will say that if you want the color to stay more true longer, look for a pair that has a high poly content, they seem to stay black longer. Even in a jean, if you buy a cotton/poly blend, they do retain color longer, I learned.

At first I wasn't liking this blend for a jean, but then I noticed, they weren't fading like my all cotton/span black pants and jeans. Now I like them!

As for lint free, that's the bad thing about most forms of poly blends, I think it attracts lint! In fact, I don't know that any black pants or jeans repel lint, they just seem to attract lint, either that or we notice it more because of the color.

I hope you find some great pants or jeans, I'm not sure I helped much, but good luck!

Respected Contributor

try kut from the kloth black jeans in the Diana cut. they are on sale right now. I have several pair of kut jeans including the black and they fit great, wear well, and I haven't had a problem with lint. I think the sale price is $59.50 and if they are out of them, have a sa order them for you.

Valued Contributor

I love French Dressing straight leg jeans.

My SIL told me about using Rit dye to refresh black, I tried it with a pair a black capris and it was amazing. I got the powder Rit at Wal Mart. I have some more black items in mind to refresh.

Honored Contributor

I also love Kut skinny jeans and J Jeans. I have dark wash in the Kut that have not faded at all (not black, though) and the J Jeans skinnies I have HAVE started to fade and I LOVE those jeans.

I am going to try the Rit dye on those. Thanks for the tip

Super Contributor

I've had the same problem with black jeans fading. Curious about using the black Rit dye. I've wondered how hard it is to get all the dye out of the washer? Any tips?

Valued Contributor

On 7/18/2014 blondy55 said:

I've had the same problem with black jeans fading. Curious about using the black Rit dye. I've wondered how hard it is to get all the dye out of the washer? Any tips?

I ran a small hot water cycle with a little bleach and no clothes and had no problems.

Trusted Contributor

All my jeans are Lucky Brand. Beautiful denim & quality, fit is incredible (their super stretch is unlike any other jean.) They are made by hand and you can't see the stretch in the denim like you can with NYDJ. NYDJ was brought into Lord & Taylor last year. They occupied half the department and they were thrown out as they didn't sell. Now Lucy Brand (which they always sold) occupies most of the space. I tried on about 10 pairs of NYDJ in different styles and the fit is like wearing spandex. You can see the crinkling of the spandex in the fabric. Lucky Brand has their own stores all over the country and they have amazing sales all the time. They are REAL jeans and their super stretch always keeps it shape - never bags out. There is just enough stretch not overdone like NYDJ. I also love Lucky Brand's clothes. They are perfect to wear with their jeans. Their jeans are available by body type and leg type. All my friends wear them and so does my husband. They look amazing on everyone and every body type.