Honored Contributor

Re: Best Tees for under wraps and cardigans.

@skuggles  About this layering tee... is it thick enough to not show "back fat" rolls thru?  TIA!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

@skuggles  About this layering tee... is it thick enough to not show "back fat" rolls thru?  TIA!

If you size up, yes.If you go by the chart ... no. (But I'm sort of in-between sizes) Tthey are very thin which I think, is the reason for calling them a "layering" tee. I wore the short sleeve ones all summer with no layering, but I wear the long sleeved ones all winter and do layer. The lighter colors are somewhat see through, so I only wear darker ones when I'm not layering.

Respected Contributor

Take a look at the 3/4 sleeve tees by Rhonda Shear on HSN. Good price and seems forgiving in fit. I bought a navy yesterday.

Respected Contributor

@LTT1 I hope you see my correction,  my answer to you r question is, that I size up to get a shaped fit and slightly loose, so that back fat etc doesn't show. I am between sizes on their chart, which may be the reason, this choice works for me. I am large chested but have narrow hips, so I do have a little extra room in the hips, when I do this.

Honored Contributor

@skuggles

Thank you... This is good to know!

Honored Contributor

@glmama@skuggles@maestra@lolakimono@ECBG

After numerous attempts at finding a tee that could "handle the handles" here is the winner:

J Crew 100% cotton crew neck... style 86517  

When I type in this style number "Perfect Tees" comes up... and really the perfect tees for me, lately, have not been so perfect if I don't want my undies showing thru...

The HPS (neck seam from one side to the opposite side) is 9"... I need a crew to be a true crew and not a wide neck or a U neck... but, hey, that's me!

Just thought I would share since I have found ONE, and it might be out there somewhere still!

Respected Contributor

I was at a local mall last week and was cutting thru JC Penney to get Nordstrom when a long sleeve cotton/modal tee caught my eye. It felt soft and silky (I am personally a big modal fan) and it was on 'sale' for $12.99. I continued on to Nordy but couldn't get that tee out of my head. Needless to say there was nothing at that price point at my beloved Nordstrom. The story ends with me returning to JCP, buying one, getting it home and loving it so much that I ordered two more online. 

Perfect body skimming layering tee. 

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl  I will try those too as I have ordered every crewneck top available!  jk : )

The one I am wearing right now is a GAP one and I will look at the label... i think it is 100% cotton and after washing it is now perfect because it did shrink a little bit.  Its white.  I ordered long-sleeve crews on sale "out the wazoo" last spring with the full knowledge that I might have to return some.

Honored Contributor

St. John Bay makes really nice t-shirts and I believe they are on sale right now for $8.99. They consider them part of the essential collection.  I bought some last year and they have a good length and didn't shrink when washed.  They have held up well.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva

YAY Thank you!