Esteemed Contributor

Re: Best Tees for under wraps and cardigans.

@islandgrrl, went to Penny's based on your recommendation, came home with four of those tees (ok, ok, among other things). I really like that a.n.a. brand as well as Stylus at JCP these days. I wanted the white and green, sold out. Oh, and I got an additional 20% off everything I bought there today! Happy dance!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Trusted Contributor

Looks like I'll have to drop by Penney's this weekend.  I need a couple of long sleeved tees, and with this many raves, what choice do I have?

Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack

I am so glad you liked them! I am wearing the black & white stripe version of that shirt as we speak.  I am crazy for these.  Perfect for layering, great on its own.  I love the body-skimming-but-not-sausage-casing style.  Very flattering.

Respected Contributor

@vac wrote:

Looks like I'll have to drop by Penney's this weekend.  I need a couple of long sleeved tees, and with this many raves, what choice do I have?

@vac  There is no choice. Resistance is futile.  Cat Tongue

Super Contributor

a.n.a® Essential Long-Sleeve T-Shirt  -  Picked up 3 a JCP today --- Thanks for the tip ladies!

Esteemed Contributor

I wore one of mine yesterday and liked the way it felt so much I went online and ordered three more while the 20% off sale was still happening. Best tee ever, most flattering neckline.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Contributor

Just checked Lands End - love these shirts - so many colors.  Buy 3 & get $5 off each. They also have turtlenecks.  Going to order. Thanks for the link!

Also like Danskin long sleeve t-shirts at Walmart.  The only problem there is that they are gone in a flash and don't have many colors. Runs small so I always size up.

Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

I wore one of mine yesterday and liked the way it felt so much I went online and ordered three more while the 20% off sale was still happening. Best tee ever, most flattering neckline.

Isn't this top crazy good?  It is my 'find' of the Fall season.  I got one of those 'take an additional 15% off' coupons when my purple and gray stripe tees arrived.  I'm thinking of grabbing the solid blue, dark green & black (can't believe I don't have the black already). 

Honored Contributor

I like Slinky brand tanks and t-shirts or other jersey fabrics under cardigans, especially thin cardigans. They are not bulky & the seams do not show. They tend to be fitted but they are not shapewear. I wear them close-fitting but not so tight that they pull and draw attention to my bustline. 

I also have 100% cotton ones from JCP - St. John's Bay - that are great. I can't say enough about the great quality. No pilling, wash/dry and they look like new forever. And with the great sales at JCP they always end up costing very little. These are not tight fitting but they are really nice. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

St. John Bay makes really nice t-shirts and I believe they are on sale right now for $8.99. They consider them part of the essential collection.  I bought some last year and they have a good length and didn't shrink when washed.  They have held up well.

I discovered these last winter. I've got tanks, short sleeves, 3/4 sleeves, long sleeves. There are so many colors, too!