Valued Contributor

Best Tees for under wraps and cardigans.

Hi Ladies,

Looking for a tee, perhaps fitted or even a shaping one, that would work well under cardigans and wraps. I do have a few of those "rolls" that others are talking about on another thread (Woman Surprised) so I like the feeling of something with a little spandex or some kind of fitted feel. I've tried the Skinny Tees and I did not like them.

Anything out there that fits this bill? Anything you love?

TIAWoman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Best Tees for under wraps and cardigans.

[ Edited ]

this legacy tee is great......i own four colors and will probably end up buying a few more. i did go up a size from my regular qvc size, but it does have a lot of stretch to it. it is a relatively material  and perfect for layering.

Legacy Slim Disguise Shaper Tee with 3/4 Sleeve

http://www.qvc.com/Legacy-Slim-Disguise-Shaper-Tee-with-34-Sleeve.product.A214247.html?sc=A214247-SR...

the ruched one is also nice for layering........i own this in all four colors offered.

Legacy Conceal It Solid Ruched Half Sleeve Tee

http://www.qvc.com/Legacy-Conceal-It-Solid-Ruched-Half-Sleeve-Tee.product.A262886.html?sc=A262886-SR...

they also pack well and wash well. i also like that these are not modified necklines, which qvc has a tendency to do on many of the tops they carry.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

glmama, I haven't found one that does everything, unfortunately.  I did find a cami that I really like at Target.  It is their Jockey cam, and the material feels so good against your skin..  They only have 3 colors, though,  online.  I think that Penney's might have this brand in different colors.  It is sooo hard to find the perfect cami!!  For a type of shapewear for a few rolls (I think I read that thread, too), I like QVC's Assets Red Hot Label (A2525127).  They just have a few sizes remaining.  It's called an open bra tank. 

I'll be reading the responses that you get since I am always looking for a great cami.

Respected Contributor

I love the "shaped layering" tees from Land's End.

http://www.landsend.com/products/womens-shaped-layering-crewneck-t-shirt/id_211457?sku_0=::337

They come in crew, scoop, or v-neck, and short or long sleeve. I have a bunch.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Thank you, susan!

Valued Contributor

Skuggles and sunshine-Thank you both. Smiley Happy I'm off to check out the Q ones, Target, and LE! 

Hope to get even more recommendations. This is one of those simple, yet hard-to-find items!

Honored Contributor

Here's one I like from Women with Control - A263911. I get the petite, but it does come in regular too. The neckline is reversible, and I find myself wearing it a lot. It does smooth me out, but it's not like Spanx! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I own so very many of A 212403 Liz C "U" Neck Tee because you can't see through it, (hate white blouses/shirts with white bras) and there are so very many colors! and 100% cotton too!!!  Can't get any better!  

I'd go with a control top cami if you feel you need it because you can wear it with other things.

Honored Contributor

@glmama

I believe @LTT1 is a fan of the "tissue" pieces from J. Crew.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono@glmama@ECBG@beach-mom@skuggles

Hey, lola... yes, I am a fan of the J Crew tissues... however, all tissue tees are not equal LOL

Some are so beautifully made and they feel so good... I think they are made with a little bit of spandex.  Probably from the actual JC and not "factory."  I wore a navy one yesterday that I'd love to have a closet full of!  Could not see thru and yet the dark color hid any "rolls."  Very slimming.

Under a wrap I would wear these or a crewneck from GAP... all navy, but some from the GAP are kind of thin.

I guess since I do have some rolls, I will be wearing lots of more intense colors now...

have been thinking about your "go-to" tank and beginning to see its value under these.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~