Honored Contributor

Belts The January Cull (Tips and Repositioning Your Body) By Trinny

[ Edited ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTmzryptRic

To me, this blogger is more "real"..although, my fave is Justine Leconte.  Justine is also trained in fashion from Parsons.

I love some of her belts!  I devinately want her closet!  Love her prints.

I can't believe I like her black tights and sandals, since hose and sandals with webbed feet are so unflattering when there is toeless hose available!

Her print and belt combinations are also good print and scarf parings that would be striking!

Honored Contributor

Re: Belts The January Cull (Tips and Repositioning Your Body) By Trinny

I watched her with the belt and scarf cull.  She is very attractive and has an eye for trends and fashion.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

I watched her with the belt and scarf cull.  She is very attractive and has an eye for trends and fashion.

@NonametodayI really like her.  I subscribed.  She has a show that's done in a taxi!  Very unexpected!!!Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG: That was very interesting. Have never been able to figure out how to wear belts. She mentioned a wider belt in back to keep the bum area from looking large. I have a lot of belts but haven’t really worn any because of that issue. I am a bit sway back so that is even more exaggerated. Never thought to try a wider belt.

i got rid of a lovely dress because it didn’t look good without a belt but every narrow belt was not flattering. I bet it would have worked with a wider belt. Guess I have to try on, try on, try on belts. Kinda like jeans.

Who is the Lila she kept mentioning? Her daughter? 

Loved when the pup walked in and crawled under the chair.

Honored Contributor

I think short waisted people look bad in belts

Honored Contributor

@SadiesadieFrom what you mentioned, I think wider belts would work for you.  Try amazon.  They have many belts.  I get many there.  My reviews are under Mtngal. 

You'll notice I wear a belt almost every day since tops take away my waist (Outfit Of The Day).  I'm always interested in a wide belt.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG: I see your pics on Outfit of The day and I notice your belts. You always look lovely. I’m short but long waisted.

I think I need to try belts on in person at first. 

Im sick about that dress I donated. It came with a very pretty narrow double belt that I just couldn’t get to look right. I did try wider belts with it but realize now they were still too narrow.

It sure would be nice to have another option in styling

Honored Contributor

@SadiesadieLet me know if I can help you in any way.  I'm a proffesional stylist now after teaching.

Dillards wanted me back for their designer area and I said "no".  They don't have enough traffic to keep me busy, although, love the lines!

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG: You’re so sweet. I know you’re a stylist. I follow all of you on your Outfit of the Day posts. The dress I bought was from your store about 4? years ago. Print with buttons all down the front. Anyway, it’s gone and I know someone is enjoying it.