Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse

Two looks-

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono

Those are cute looks but those dresses are more fit and flare. My dress fits more like a tent from the bust down! It doesn't come in close to the body at the waist at all.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG

Thanks for your help! I guess I'll have to keep looking to see if something "rings my chimes"! 😋

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@ECBG

Thanks for your help! I guess I'll have to keep looking to see if something "rings my chimes"! 😋

@Texasmouse,Sorry, Sweetie!  Right now, it's markdowns and things are dribbling in which will be mostly-not all- geared to the autumn palatte.  

Eighty-five of us are winters, our time is the next season and we will have the most choices.

Esteemed Contributor

Are you able to sew a couple of darts in the back or take it in on the sides?  No one hears you louder or clearer on finding a cute, comfy dress with elbow sleeves!   One thing I'm learning the slow, hard way (naturally!) is that, if I have to do too much or buy something else to make something work, it may not be worth it (I realize you can't take it back now).  

I like the idea of a blouse tied in front and boots, especially if you already have a blouse in your closet that will work.

It's always something!

@Texasmouse

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF

My sewing skills are pretty limited and I don't trust myself to wind up with something wearable. 😄 I'll have to play with what I've got in my closet and see if I can make something work. If not, it might end up in the Goodwill bag but it wasn't an expensive dress so it wouldn't be a huge loss. Thanks for your input. 😊

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@MacDUFF

My sewing skills are pretty limited and I don't trust myself to wind up with something wearable. 😄 I'll have to play with what I've got in my closet and see if I can make something work. If not, it might end up in the Goodwill bag but it wasn't an expensive dress so it wouldn't be a huge loss. Thanks for your input. 😊

@Texasmouse,OH!  Don't get rid of it!  You definately have the foundation of a great outfit, Girl!  

It can be worn as is, with a blouse, tailored shirt, or thin turtleneck underneath!

Respected Contributor

You're right, @ECBG. I know I can at least wear it with a shirt tied over it, even if I never belt it. Maybe when we get temperatures back in the double digits, it'll be more doable! 😁

Respected Contributor

@Texasmouse I'm having the same dilemma with two t-shirt dresses I just ordered.  I knew they were supposed to be a little fuller and 'swingy' at the bottom, but they are full all the way down on me.  I thought about a belt, too, but I wanted to be cool and comfortable, not constricted.  I'm pretty sure they are going to end up as bathing suit cover ups Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@VanSleepy

If you have shirts you can tie over them, you might make them work too. I know what you mean about being "constricted" especially in hot weather. Also, I have a feeling I'd be constantly fidgeting with a belt, either pulling it up or down or rearranging the material so that it wouldn't look bunched up, etc. The more I think about it, the more I think the shirt over it is the best option. Thanks to @SilleeMee for the suggestion. 😊