Occasional Contributor

I have bought thousands of dollars from QVC over the years....I know, I could have traveled  far and wide, paid off my mortgage, but shopping is what it is....I am addicted to QVC shopping.  I have loved most everything I have bought from quite varied designers.  My ultimate, all time love now is Kim Gravel.  Her clothing is so flattering to a woman with curves.  I have loved everything I have bought from her and I bought almost all of her pieces. 

I am 5'4", wear a size 14 to 18 in pants depending on designer.  Her jeans were perfect in petite 16.  Tops are Large to 2X depending on designer.  I bought her 1X and absolutely love the way they fit.  The shaper v neck reversible t shirt was purchased in large, xl, and 1x and the large was best choice for shaping. 

I will keep looking for more of her designs.  Her designs make me feel beautiful, make me feel thinner which we all love.  She is so funny and I did not know she was a designer.  I have watched her on talk shows.  Keep encouraging her and have her design more.  Thank you for bringing her to the Q.  She is by far the best for a woman of fluffiness and curves. 

barbara

Respected Contributor

That's good to hear!  I saw her premiere shows but I actually forgot about her until reading your post.  I haven't seen any more of her items shown since then. 

Honored Contributor

I'm hoping they bring her back soon and with far more items. I'm hearing good things about her jeans and may just try them!

Honored Contributor

What I would like to see her bring is a line of cosmetics! She used to give makeup tips and tricks to the girls on her "Kim of Queens" show. I really like her. She so outspoken but in a good way.Woman Very Happy

Occasional Contributor

I actually went back and bought another of her shaper tshirts and her twilight top.  I had first purchased the black top with sleeves and faux leather curves on the front and paid extra after featured price for the twilight one because it is that pretty.  I have loved Isaac, Linea, Susan, Denim/Co, Lisa Rina, Clinton Kelly etc, etc, etc.  The only one that has given me consistent sizing problems has been GILI, usually too small so I don't buy their items.  But I sure miss Lisa R. 

Kim Gravel is going to be the newest and best upcoming star for women of all sizes I believe.  Her clothing fits the shoulders, the armpits, the waist, the length between my waist and where the crotch is instead of being down mid thigh.  I have never spent so much on a pair of jeans and if she had more colors.... I probably would have gotten another pair, like white. 

I will be surprised if people are disappointed in her product because she definitely knows a womans body.  Every designer so far has had issues with variences in sizing but everything I bought from her on her premier show has been superb.  Good luck in your purchases....I will be definitely looking for more from her.

barbara

Super Contributor

I adore Kim's Belle jeans. They fit so well, are supremely comfortable and take fifteen pounds off me! 

I have the 20 in black and navy. I am 5'7" and weigh 223. I've worn the navy twice and I hand washed them today; I knew if they shrunk at all I'll have to return them, because they are very fitted jeans. What I have written here does not take away from them being great jeans. Its just a heads up before you wash them.

I hand washed these in my sink because I wanted to make sure nothing got done to shrink them. I hung them dripping wet to dry and they are still drying as I type this, so I do not know if they shrank; I don't think so but I'll know for sure tomorrow.

Here's what y'all should know. They bled so profusely that my sink had dark blue water in it that I couldn't even see through, it was so dark. I had to change the water in the sink 14 times (I counted) before the water was even close to being clear.

Anybody who buys them should wash (whether by hand or in a machine) them SEPARATELY, or you will have collateral damage, lol.

It took me twenty minutes of scrubbing to get my sink white again. We have one of the annoying new washers without an agitator that has an automatic water level gauge and its very hard to wash one item since we didn't get the top basket, so I do a lot of hand washing. I don't mind this, but I couldn't believe the amount of dye that came out of these jeans. They are still a very dark blue, albeit wet, so the jeans seem to have survived the ordeal OK.

If I had put them in the washing machine I likely would have done a load of darks along with them. If I had done that I would have a load of very navy blue clothes right now. I have washed a lot of clothes in my years and have even done some fabric dyeing projects and I have never, ever seen this much color come out of anything much less jeans. 

I washed these in our newly re-glazed vintage sink (stupid on my part, I now know) and my husband and I were getting very nervous about whether the blue would come out of the porcelain or not. It finally did, with a lot of elbow grease.

Just a word of caution. The jeans are great; washing them the first time ... not so much.

Honored Contributor

@AussieLuvr

That's a lot of work for a pair of jeans.  I hope for your sake they didn't shrink.

A few years ago we had Bathfitters redo a bath tub.  I hung a pair of black Travelers pants (from Chicos) on the showerhead.  There were black drip marks all over the tub.  Despite being told by the installer, their stain remover would remove the black, it didn't, EVER.

Super Contributor

LuLu2,

Part of the reason I do them by hand is because I can't "do" stairs due to a disability. Our laundry area is in the basement so my husband does all of our laundry. His idea of doing the wash is to put EVERYTHING in together (he is still wearing pink briefs after putting them in with a new pair of my red slacks two years ago). Then, after washing everything together, ALWAYS on the normal setting, he puts it all in the dryer, sets it on "fry" for four hours and then leaves it all in the dryer for two days. LOL

So I do a lot of handwashing for the sake of self-preservation of my clothes! His heart is in the right place, though, lol.

We used a similar company to re-glaze an entire bathroom (seafoam green tiles with a kelly green border and a pink shower), and our old farm sink in our kitchen. They did an amazing job! They told me not to use abrasive cleaners, but in the case of these jeans I had a choice between Barkeep's Friend and possible scratching/damaging the glaze or a permanently blue sink. The scrubbing doesn't seem to have done any harm. But the black Belle jeans I bought and have not washed yet will get washed in the utility sink in our enclosed porch area. I'm not willing to risk a white sink again.

Carol

Honored Contributor

@carol in NC wrote:

LuLu2,

Part of the reason I do them by hand is because I can't "do" stairs due to a disability. Our laundry area is in the basement so my husband does all of our laundry. His idea of doing the wash is to put EVERYTHING in together (he is still wearing pink briefs after putting them in with a new pair of my red slacks two years ago). Then, after washing everything together, ALWAYS on the normal setting, he puts it all in the dryer, sets it on "fry" for four hours and then leaves it all in the dryer for two days. LOL

So I do a lot of handwashing for the sake of self-preservation of my clothes! His heart is in the right place, though, lol.

We used a similar company to re-glaze an entire bathroom (seafoam green tiles with a kelly green border and a pink shower), and our old farm sink in our kitchen. They did an amazing job! They told me not to use abrasive cleaners, but in the case of these jeans I had a choice between Barkeep's Friend and possible scratching/damaging the glaze or a permanently blue sink. The scrubbing doesn't seem to have done any harm. But the black Belle jeans I bought and have not washed yet will get washed in the utility sink in our enclosed porch area. I'm not willing to risk a white sink again.

Carol

@AussieLuvr

You are too funny!