Honored Contributor

Guess the high/low hem and the shark bite are getting old, so, now, they have come up with bell sleeves.

I pass. How can you eat when you got this big ol' flared cuff dragging thru your soup. Have to be aware of what your doing when your trying to eat always have to manage it.  About like a charm bracelet I'd imagine.

Bathroom problem, too. LOL Have to be pushing up on the sleeve all the time.

Honored Contributor

@SharkElol    Almost the only good thing about the "new" sleeves is that they've made an old black sweater I have into a stylish piece.  It's practically brand new after all the years because those d...sleeves get in the way too often.  Almost glad I didn't give it away!

The bells are all over the stores, though, so I will work to dress by my current motto:  Wear what you already own.

There's always next year!

Respected Contributor

Now don't forget .. between the high low and shark bite hem  and the

bell sleeves we had the cold shoulder ....

That's all I could think of .. what if I order soup !!!!

I don't even want to think about a trip to the ladies room ...

Respected Contributor

@SharkEI remembered the problems you mention with them from wearing them when I was a young person. I do think they can be lovely , especially at wrist length. I have seen so many ruffles /flares done at the elbow that do not complement. 'Everything old is new again ' ...well except skin ! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Guess I just don't like flared any thing. Don't like those boot cut pants either.

Makes you look like 'Gumby' cartoon character. Short people look like they're cleaning the streets with their pants. Guess between the bell bottom pants and the bell sleeves you've got your own parachute in case of strong winds.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Guess the high/low hem and the shark bite are getting old, so, now, they have come up with bell sleeves.

I pass. How can you eat when you got this big ol' flared cuff dragging thru your soup. Have to be aware of what your doing when your trying to eat always have to manage it.  About like a charm bracelet I'd imagine.

Bathroom problem, too. LOL Have to be pushing up on the sleeve all the time.

@SharkE  ITA. Those were all my exact "no way" reasons when I tried one on. 

Honored Contributor

I can see me sitting at the Olive Garden trying to eat my minestrone soup and the freakin' sleeve keeps coming down and I'd have to use my left hand to keep the right hand from getting the soup in the bell and taking it home with me.

Then, when I 'd rush to the bathroom to clean out the sleeve I'd have to push up the left sleeve so I could clean the right, then, if I had to go into the 'throne ' area how would I sit down and try to do anything with the paper when both hands/arms are busy?

I'm not that flexible.

Honored Contributor

I also don't love 3/4 sleeves....I have long arms and they make it look like my shirt shrunk in the wash. If I want my watch/bracelets to show, I'm perfectly capable of pushing up my own sleeves. 

I'm seeing this trend continuing into fall/winter. 

Respected Contributor

Simple Solution: Enjoy the style -- just don't wear it to eat out.

Honored Contributor

I agree mostly about the big ones.

However I got A294436 from Isaac and it's a "bracelet" length which for my short arms are almost long sleeves and the bell isn't exaggerated.  It's actually a very slimming top and well priced!