Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I would reserve a flowy bell sleeve top for going out for an evening.  I must be the only one with an aversion to public restrooms no matter how upscale. I am a bit of a camel and will do whatever it takes (mind over matter) to hold it until I get home.  

I know, just another little magicmoodz ideosyncrasy.  😊

Esteemed Contributor

My experience--- love to wear them because they add elegance.  And I hate to wear them.  I have gotten my sleeves stuck in buffet choices and or dinner anywhere where I have to reach for food to simply put in my mouth.  So most of the time... I just pass.

Respected Contributor

They're not in my future for many of the reasons stated above.  I've gotten them caught in drawers, gotten them wet when trying to wash my hands. caught when closing the refrigerator door, hooked on my handbag, dragged through a buffet...you name it.Woman LOL

The are lovely to look at on someone else, like the queen on the Iron Throne, but I'm a putz and a klutz.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

I would reserve a flowy bell sleeve top for going out for an evening.  I must be the only one with an aversion to public restrooms no matter how upscale. I am a bit of a camel and will do whatever it takes (mind over matter) to hold it until I get home.  

I know, just another little magicmoodz ideosyncrasy.  😊

@magicmoodz

Smiling at you -- my mother-in-law is a fellow camel!!  I marvel at her ability.  Me: I keep Purell sanitizing wipes in my purse at all times.  I drink A LOT of water and can't perform camel magic! 

Respected Contributor

I'm loving the bell sleeves trend.  I only have two such tops and neither are exaggerated bells.  The bathroom issue never occurred to me -- I have had no trouble in that department. And when it comes to eating, I just fold the sleeve back a little.  No problems.  I have my eye on one more bell top but that will probably do it for me.

Honored Contributor

Bell sleeves have been around forever. I love them. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@Colinka wrote:

This dress has it all! Bell sleeves, cold shoulder possibility, hi/low hem, ruffles--just add a pair of bell-bottoms and you're good to go! (Forget that it looks like a bed sheet!)

ya well that peasant thing is hideous. 

Honored Contributor

I'm prettty sure bell sleeves have been in fashion forever.  My wedding gown had sheer bell sleeves and that was 35 years ago.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I'm prettty sure bell sleeves have been in fashion forever.  My wedding gown had sheer bell sleeves and that was 35 years ago.

At least since the Medieval period. 

Honored Contributor

I bought 2 bell sleeve tops at Marshall's.  I wasn't sure if I would be able to work in them, but they are fine. 

I wasn't sure the style was for me, but I think they look fine.  But these 2 are pretty much my limit.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN