Valued Contributor

I have been watching & looking at new clothes for fall. I actually have some bell sleeve tops I like! But, please every designer seems to be making them constantly. It would be nice to have just a straight long sleeve top that you can wear jackets & sweaters over. More options on inseams would be great too. I have a 31 inseam for flats & 32 with a small heel. So there are many pants I don't dare to order. Usually if you order a tall the rise is longer too.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bell sleeves &tall inseams

@DADI already own all the bell sleeve tops I ever want to buy and I know many are available, but I just searched the website for 3 different Q designers -  for every one of them, out of the first 9 items shown there were barely any bells.  You just have to look.

No ideas about pant length -  except to find a retailer who still sells unhemmed pants so that you can choose the length you need.  That works only for straight leg styles with no hem detail and I haven't seen it offered anwhere I currently shop.

Honored Contributor

@DAD wrote:

I have been watching & looking at new clothes for fall. I actually have some bell sleeve tops I like! But, please every designer seems to be making them constantly. It would be nice to have just a straight long sleeve top that you can wear jackets & sweaters over. More options on inseams would be great too. I have a 31 inseam for flats & 32 with a small heel. So there are many pants I don't dare to order. Usually if you order a tall the rise is longer too.

@DAD 

Look around.  I totally dislike bell sleeves (and 3/4 sleeves and elbow sleeves) and have bought lots and lots of tops from QVC and elsewhere that have long straght sleeves.

Easy enough to check the rise measurement before you order.  Just look at the "click here" measurements. 

Honored Contributor

I dont't where you are shopping.  I bought two bell sleeve tops last summer and that's all the bell sleeves I need.  I see plenty of regular sleeves; short, 3/4, elbow, long.  They are all out there....everywhere.

Honored Contributor

Talbots may give you that longer leg.  Check their catalog which lists items from the retail store.

I, like many, have to hem every pair of pants I buy except capris.

Respected Contributor

I'm tall and would like to see tall inseam to be at least 34 inches.  

Honored Contributor

@MarthaStewardess 

Express inseams are apparently for the tall and long legged! Their petite or short, is 30 in regular 33 and Tall 35!

Contributor

I just sorted through Denim & company "pants"...3 pages worth.....in search of "tall active pants" with a 34" inseam.....NOTHING. Matter of fact, 'ol GARY has all but abandoned us tall gals. Everything is regular or petite. The regular inseams averages about 30". Really? I was once a daily QVC shopper, but I've become dissatisfied with the lack of quality control and the inability to purchase pants that fit me.. There was a time, I was extremely pleased with the quality, but no more. The prices have soared and the value has all but evaporated. I am finding much better "values" elsewhere.

So, 'ol Gary....this is for you. If you can't provide me with the active pants I require, I can take my business elsewhere.....ALL OF IT!

Honored Contributor

I guess I need to get out more. I don't even know or see  women or even men who are tall enough to wear a 34 inch inseam. IMO if QVC carries inseams for the short women the tall women should have their 34 inch inseams. It must be awful to have to wear floods.LOL

Honored Contributor

@DAD wrote:

My goodness get out and shop at your local b&m stores! There are tons of the styles you are looking for! I just don't understand the concept of only shopping online. 

"Pure Michigan"