Valued Contributor

Really?

Honored Contributor

They have always been around, just modified some since the 60's.  Nothing new.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

Styles always come back. I’m an old hippie and I loved my bell bottoms. 👖 

Honored Contributor

Some places call them that.  Other just flares.  I prefer flares.  They come in and out of popularity.  Been like that for ages.   Someone's confused by the name.  All the same to me.

Honored Contributor

Don't care for them. Don't think they look good on short legs.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor
Not a fan .
Respected Contributor

Bell bottoms are just too much for me. I have tons of boot cut jeans and several flares, but flares are my limit. LOL

Trusted Contributor

Not for me anymore. But, why not? If you're into clothes for strictly utilitarian purposes, I can see not having interest in trends or experimentation. But, if you're into fashion, fashion is for fun. Also, I get used to most new things very easily.  Exposure makes things I might not have been sure of more acceptable and attractive to me. They become mainstream and not at all unusual or offensive looking.

Also, retro is huge right now. I guess those who wore them in the 60s and 70s or those who missed out (younger) the first time around get to do it now. 

Esteemed Contributor

Another style I got tired of back in the 70's -- funny how they keep coming back.  I'm too short and bell bottoms and flares make me look like a weeble that can't fall down (if you remember weeble toys...).

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

Ugh.........you're right. I can't believe they ressurected such an awful pant style.