Honored Contributor

I  love a pretty flowy sleeve treatment and I have many but I don't shop in those terms; 'will I wear this a year from now?' Nor do I look at others that way 'Gee how long have they had that?' I buy what I like and what appeals to me and I wear it what I like and what appeals to me

Esteemed Contributor

I will probably get one for Spring just for something different...

Respected Contributor

If I do decide to try one, I will find something very basic.  I don't think I would enjoy a floral print with bell sleeves.  Kim Gravel has a simple tshirt with bell sleeves that I have on my wish list.

Honored Contributor

@Trudey

I  can recommend from my own experience 579 - 980 on HSN. 573 - 675 and 570 151 look very nice also and you can't beat the price!

Honored Contributor

I bought this one last year from J. Crew.

Striped bell-sleeve top

Respected Contributor

I like this.

a301577.jpeg

Contributor

I'd say give bell sleeves 6 months, and then they'll be just as outdated as the "cold shoulder" tops. 

Trusted Contributor

I think that some of them are beautiful and very feminine. I plan on purchasing a blouse for Spring.

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Respected Contributor

Re: Bell Sleeves

[ Edited ]

I have a few, including this new sweater for spring.

Mixed Stripe Bell Sleeve Sweater (Loft)

Petite Mixed Stripe Bell Sleeve Sweater

This comes in Regular and Petite. I bought the petite. It fit best and the bell sleeves are scaled down a bit.

I've noticed that this year, flared sleeves are not hitting at the wrist, but a bit higher on the arms, where they don't interere with everyday activities.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bell Sleeves

[ Edited ]

I have two and doubtful I will purchase more.  I like them, don't love them.  One I bought to wear out to dinner and did a "does it drag in my food" dry run before I left the house and fortunately it passed the test!

I think a lot of the current sleeve trends are cute, but I mainly stick to the old traditional type sleeve styles, meaning no bells, ties, cold shoulders, because my clothing tends to last me a long time and don't want too many things in my closet that are going to look outdated soon.  My retirement dollars have to serve me well!