Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Even though I prefer long sleeves, I like a shorter, bracelet length bell sleeve.  Not too billowy.  More subdued in design/cut.  There have been several offered here at the Q.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I have a few blouses with small bell sleeves hanging in my spare closet from years gone by.  I like pd them so much I kept them to wear iunder a cardigan or jacket.  I am happy they are coming back.

The  bells start at the wrist and do not start at the elbow. I don’t feel comfipottable with those big bell sleeves.  They seem to get in my way.

Honored Contributor

I am going to let my hair down and give one a try. I can get it in petite, so, I know the sleeves won't come down over my hand

It is more of a flare, than bell, so ,I think I might like it

Respected Contributor

I bought 2 bell sleeved blouses about 15yrs ago. Never wore either of them. Finally donated after hanging in the closet TOO long. Not a style for me, especially at my age.

Honored Contributor

Bell, lantern, bishop....statement sleeves are having a moment.  I haven't bought anything with statement sleeves yet because I'm just beginning to think about my spring/summer clothing but I am sure that I will buy one or two such items.  

I agree bell sleeved tops are pretty. I don't own any myself simply because if Im out eating I would be afraid of getting food all over the sleeves.

Honored Contributor

I got a spring/summer bell sleeve top for dirt cheap from HSN. LaBellum line. It has elastic in the sleeves so you can push them up. When I tried it on I didn't find the elastic to be all that comfortable. I also have a Colleen Lopez top with a modified bell sleeve.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

I didn't think I would like the bell sleeves at all.  But I needed a blue top and  D&C had a curte one with a bracelet length small bell sleeve and I do like it.  I have since bought Issac's Moto Jackets in Blue and Pink for spring that have a bracelet bell (not too wide) and they are quite cute.  Still would not want a long sleeve with a wide bell tho.  They look too dramatic for me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bell Sleeves

[ Edited ]

I can't recall ever owning anything with a bell sleeve.  Just not a style I'm attracted to.  

I personally prefer a long snug sleeve that comes down just over my wrist.

Respected Contributor

@TX-starlightwrote:

I bought 2 bell sleeved blouses about 15yrs ago. Never wore either of them. Finally donated after hanging in the closet TOO long. Not a style for me, especially at my age.

There is no age limit on a sleeve treatment.if you like the style of the top in general, you would be perfectly fine having a little flare in the sleeve.

I have a couple of them-a sweater and a denim top. The sleeves are bracelet length and very flattering. It's quite all right to indulge in a trend you like. I would be so bored if I always bought exactly the same style all of the time.