Honored Contributor

Re: Before you complain and QVC's return: read this

i believe you could also file a claim with your credit card company. after one month of not receiving a credit AND having proof that they received the return, i would have contacted my credit card customer service.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Re: Before you complain about QVC's return: read this

@I am still oxox  I feel your pain, I had an earlier post about returns and my response, although I didn't mention the name, was the exact same retailer that you mention.

My nightmare was that I placed an online order to be delivered to the local mall.  I got one email stating part of my order had arrived.  I was then sent out of town for one week for work and one week later I arrive at the store to pick up my order (which was due to arrive in multiple shipments) and they tell me that it was shipped back in 3 separate packages since I never picked it up.  No notification that the items were being shipped back - if I had received a notification, I could have called and told them when I would be able to pick them up.  And the entire order was paid for in advance. 

Well, I had to call about a dozen times to customer service, a couple of times to their corporate office to get credit for those items that I never received and was in possession of the store and their warehouse for the entire time.   It took just over 6 weeks from the time that their warehouse person signed for the return package after it was refunded.  I had to jump through hoops to get the tracking info, and then explain to multiple supervisors that they had the packages, not me.  I tjhink the only thing that helped me out is that I had the tracking information, and every person's name who I had spoken to and assured me that they were taking care of it. 

I can't understand why the credit wouldn't be put on my account as soon as the store ships it back, since I never had possession or even touched the shipment.  Very poor customer service and due to this lack of service, I hesitant to make further purchases from them.   

I think that some of these retailers think that their customers just assume that all the charges and credits are done properly.  This is the same store that I had to call the corporate office to speak to someone to inform them that they were charging the wrong amount of sales tax at their stores!  I discovered this when I purchased something on-line, took it to the store to return and the amounts didn't match.  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am beginning to think that some of these places hope you just forget about it and they keep the refund as a profit.....

Honored Contributor

Back in the late 80s I purchased a washer from a b&m store and paid with their cc.  When I received my bill there was an extra $100 dollar charge on it.  I called cs and they took it off my bill.  I ask how did it get there in the first place.  The cs person gave me a reply in a bunch of mumo jumbo that basically said it was charge by somone randomly put on accounts til it gets paid.  Just imagine how many folks might not read their cc statement and pay for someone elses things.

Moral of the story?  Always check any cc billing statements, or any other billing accounts.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

From what I can recall, I can not even track UPS past 3 months, I made the return in the time period between my DH's second surgery and his massive infection, which is why I really didn't track the package, I am generally diligent about tracing items that I have return

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.