Honored Contributor

Been on hold with the Q for a half hour now. Is this what it has come to?

I never order by phone, but want to add to an order to receive the "buy more and save" reduced price.  There doesn't seem to be a way to do that on line.

By the time I get through the item will be gone.  This is pathetic...

Honored Contributor

Re: Been on hold with the Q for a half hour now. Is this what it has come to?

I don't see why you can't get the buy more save more online....did you try?

Regular Contributor

You can just cancel the online order and re-order with the buy more save.

Honored Contributor

@CaryH wrote:

You can just cancel the online order and re-order with the buy more save.

Yes, that's what I eventually did.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

I don't see why you can't get the buy more save more online....did you try?

Unfortunately, the edit feature doesn't allow you to add another item.  Had to cancel the whole thing and then re-order.  Not a big deal, but I was just annoyed that no one picked up the phone. 

I really think they don't even want you to call anymore.  Fortunately, I won't have to.

Honored Contributor

I rarely order any way except with the phone even though I have done it online and know how simple it is.  Still, I've rarely had to wait more than a few seconds or even go to automatic ordering to "gety started" as they call it except during Susan Graver shows.  Then the phones are always busy and if you don't use automatic ordering of some kind, you will often have your size and color sell out even if your wait is three minutes. 

I've waited very long times to get service from some cable companies or from some tech support, but I've never had the patience to wait more than a minute or two to buy something.  I'm impressed with your determination, @faeriemoon

Honored Contributor

@millieshops

This was the first time in a long time I ever had to place a call.  As you said, I never had to wait but a few seconds.

Yesterday I heard one of the hosts say "We're really more of an on line company now", which really surprised me.  I got the impression from that statement they were discouraging people to use the phones.  I thought it was a very off-putting statement to make especially since many order by phone only.

Fortunately my problem has been resolved, but it makes me wonder if they are reducing the call center staff.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoonGlad you got the reduction you were entitled to.  As for the staff reduction, I agree with you.   I think QVC is one of many, many companies that have joined that crowd. 

Staffing is expensive in any industry.  I assume that's why there are almost no sales clerks at Macys, just an occasional cashier to take our money.  No matter where the reductions, it obviously changes how we work, but it also changes how we shop  -  online or not.   Frustratng to me.

Esteemed Contributor

Online is set up for buy more save more.  You would be better off there.  I don't like waiting on the phone either. 

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon, I wonder if Live Chat would have been faster than calling in?