Honored Contributor

Beautiful skirt!

[ Edited ]

Anthropoligie has a discount today!  I don't know if it would include this skirt, but I love it!  Although it's expensive, it would never go out of style since it's artisan.

Do you like artisan pieces?

Respected Contributor

It's very pretty, but not with that top. 

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

It's very pretty, but not with that top. 

@nyc1That's not the top I'd put with it either.

Honored Contributor

I actually like the skirt with that top, it keeps the outfit from being too fussy.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I actually like the skirt with that top, it keeps the outfit from being too fussy.**

I would have done something basic, not fussy at all, but a white shirt with that skirt just doesn't look right to me.  I'd rather have a pretty ballet neck tee.

Honored Contributor

Very, very pretty but that top does not do it justice at all.  I know the stylist was trying to give the impression that you could wear it casually or even to work.  But the truth is that it's a dressy skirt.  I love it. 

Respected Contributor

love the skirt and love artisan pieces as well.  i would have to see the skirt in person because the blouse doesn't do a thing for it.

Honored Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

love the skirt and love artisan pieces as well.  i would have to see the skirt in person because the blouse doesn't do a thing for it.

@ladyroxanneAnthro has beautiful clothes!  Actually, only once did I ever send anything back, and that was because I bought it again at a gigantic savings!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Beautiful skirt!

[ Edited ]

In fashion magazines I have seen this look of a tailored shirt paired with a frilly skirt. I think it is fresh. One could wear a dressier blouse for a fancy occasion or evening look.

Honored Contributor

@FLgardener wrote:

In fashion magazines I have seen this look of a tailored shirt paired with a frilly skirt. I think it is fresh. One could wear a dressier blouse for a fancy occasion or evening look.

Yes, we've all seen that look for years now but this blouse isn't a "tailored" button down shirt or a silky blouse.  It's a top that one would wear with shorts or a skort.  The look doesn't work.  I was turn off.