Frequent Contributor

Beautiful robe or gown/robe set?

I’m curious whether this would be an appropriate gift for my future daughter in law for her wedding shower.
I was hoping not to have to go traditional route and just get something from their registry... any other ideas? TIA
Honored Contributor

Re: Beautiful robe or gown/robe set?

@DebbieDD   I admittedly am not up on the latest in wedding etiquette, but aren't wedding gifts usually for them, not individuals?  How would the bride feel if somebody gave the groom fishing tackle? 

I'd save personal gifts for special occasions like Christmas, birthdays, etc. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@DebbieDD  Yes that is appropriate. If you go to websites like brides.com they will give you many ideas.

@Kachina624  a gift for a wedding shower/ bridal shower is usually a gift for the bride. Unless both the bride and groom will attend.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

We are planning a generous cash gift for them for the wedding that they could use to i on at off the wedding, down payment on new home, etc..
I was asking about the bridal wedding shower.
Frequent Contributor

@Jewel22 Thank you very much!
Respected Contributor

Personally, I wouldn't want something like that picked out for me. I'll have to think about other ideas.

Respected Contributor

@DebbieDD wrote:
We are planning a generous cash gift for them for the wedding that they could use to i on at off the wedding, down payment on new home, etc..
I was asking about the bridal wedding shower.

@DebbieDD  I've been to plenty of wedding showers and, for the most part, the gifts have been more about personal items for spoiling (and sometimes teasing) the bride. Yes, this has included nightgowns and special undergarments. 

If someone isn't going to the wedding and this will be the only chance to gift the couple, then they may perfer to pick from the gift list.

I've always separated the wedding shower gift from the wedding day gift, itself. I think many do the same. The shower should be  about fun, with a moment for the bride to de-stress, before the big day.

Honored Contributor

Traditionally the maid/matron of honor used to give the "wedding night" peignoir set gift to the bride.

Respected Contributor

Is she fun-loving, sentimental, practical or intellectual? Knowing this will help you figure out what she would appreciate and have her feel like she's understood (for the shower and the years to come).

Respected Contributor

I was given my wedding night peignoir set at my bridal shower, but that was 50 years ago. I still have it and have worn it on all our anniversaries except when I was pregnant.