Regular Contributor

Beautiful cape but...

[ Edited ]
  •  ordered from Amazon almost 600 dollars arrived in a big zip lock bag in a white amazon bag...Where is my feel good?That is very nice item but  should have a
    box and garment bag..Calling now..stay tuned...MaryAnne20181121_161349.jpg
Respected Contributor

@I am stillkeeper of the  wrote:
  •  ordered from Amazon almost 600 dollars arrived in a big zip lock bag in a white amazon bag...Where is my feel good?That is very nice item but  should have a
    box and garment bag..Calling now..stay tuned...MaryAnne20181121_161349.jpg

The good news is, it appears you have a real bargain.  The cape looks like cashmere or a cashmere blend with a lot of fox fur.

As for the packaging, I've found private sellers frequently package items poorly.  I've received ziplock bags in mailer envelopes.

Regular Contributor

Re: Beautiful cape but...

[ Edited ]

@lulu1,yes it is cashmere ,fur is nice but tried steaming it has big folds in it from folding,I also bought the same in lt pink receiving friday.The dark color shows the creasing.I wonder if will come out?. I love the buttons on the sleeves making it more wearable,  without shawl look.

Honored Contributor

Turn the shower on and let the bathroom get steamy. Hang the garment up on a padded hanger ,on the shower rod  . It might  work

Honored Contributor

@I am stillkeeper of the ...do you think it's worth taking to cleaners for a professional steam before you return? 

Regular Contributor

@Mom2Dogs,I have lots like this,have to go to furrier,or regular cleaner removes fur,pricey .They called back ,said this was not usual from large furrier,hopefully they will refund something. I hope the pink one isnt folded up like this ,they are really beautifully made..Thanks,MaryAnne

Honored Contributor

I'd press it with a press cloth.

Respected Contributor

Re: Beautiful cape but...

[ Edited ]

@I am stillkeeper of the

When you mentioned pink a light bulb went off.  I have a friend who is waiting for a similar garment in pink from a seller in Ukraine.  I fear she will be disappointed as the picture shows a beautiful, lush & plush hooded garment.  The price  (under $300) however reflects this could not be possible.

Good luck with yours.

I could not resist a similar cape from Last Call NM.  Ebates had an extra 10% rebate.

Honored Contributor

I recieved a sweater from Ralph Lauren in a plastic bag with an outer plastic mailing bag last year.  

Presentation often has a handling charge.

Regular Contributor

@ECBG,I never thought of the pressing cloth,thank you,I knew someone would have an answer!Happy Thanksgiving,thanks again!MaryAnne