Respected Contributor
On 4/15/2014 bookss said:

I just wanted to know what would be appropriate to wear to a beach wedding!

Yes, I think a few people missed that point!

Trusted Contributor
On 4/15/2014 jonbon said:

Yes, I think a few people missed that point!

We got a little off topic, didn't we? Sorry about that! {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Paws and enjoy life.
Super Contributor

Yes, some topics hit certain nerves and threads go astray...

I think a shorter sundress would be lovely but it all depends on the venue. I have been to casual beach weddings and those that were more formal with the beach as the backdrop. Obviously the dress suggestions would be different.

Trusted Contributor

I think Soma has some cute dresses. Here is a link.

ETA: I would not wear a strapless dress without a shrug or something.

Paws and enjoy life.
Esteemed Contributor

Oh my goodness, bookss. Some of us became a little too passionate about destination weddings and hijacked your thread. I apologize for my part in that.

From my experience, if the wedding ceremony is going to take place on a sandy beach, the most important thing to decide is what kind of shoes/sandals you will wear. But please come back and tell us about the outfit you decide on. And again, sorry for taking this thread in a different direction.

Super Contributor

Well, shoot, you can Google for that. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Trusted Contributor

I don't really like to wear dresses, so I might opt for a pair of linen pants and a soft, flowing, fluttering style top.

Perhaps pants something like these:

Island pant
Member Since 11/20/2008
Honored Contributor

I'm sorry too! {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

If we do go, I'm still going to wear a summery maxi dress - and hopefully bare feet! I'll make sure it's a washable one. IMHO a little sand can only enhance any outfit! Wink

Honored Contributor
On 4/15/2014 curlywhitedog said:

DD and her husband had a destination wedding in Puerto Rico and it was absolutely lovely. It took place in a wonderful resort under a gazebo with the ocean as a backdrop on a beautiful early August afternoon. Nonsense? Not at all, it was the bride and groom's wish (for reasons not important to share here) and, for their circumstances, it made perfect sense. The judgements about destination weddings are personal and I respect those feelings but will stop short of calling those feelings nonsense. Why can't we have a mutual understanding and respect for those who might choose something different for themselves?

Anywho, it was a small and very lovely family affair. We didn't invite those who we knew wouldn't come so as to not place upon them a burden for a gift but in true fashion and generosity, most of those who weren't invited gave gifts later on anyway.

Weddings are for the day, marriages are for the lifetime and in the end, where or how you get married is of little consequence, it's how you live the marriage that counts.

Maria

Lovely!{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Trusted Contributor

I wore this to our youngest's wedding on the beach in Jamaica last summer and loved it. Not a dress that everyone can carry off, though! I bought the pink.

http://www.qvc.com/Linea-by-Louis-DellOlio-34-Sleeve-Floral-Print-Tiered-Dress-Dresses-&-Skirts-Fash...

The Linea boho skirts are always nice for a breezy, informal setting.