Respected Contributor

Re: Basso TSV, not flattering on anyone...looks balloonish.

@Nataliesgramma Those stadium coats will do that. I rarely buy a "coat", I live in SC and it just doesn't often get that cold here. This DB will replace a very old dress coat, and will, I think, look good for years. I have one longer puffer coat, very warm, but not very dressy for church, etc. I've been looking for some time at DB's coats, but didn't want just a faux fur. This one should suit my needs nicely, and the price was great!

Esteemed Contributor

@vermint, it is always so much fun to get something we love. And now you get to re-love it every time you wear it! I have several DB coats, didn't need this one lol, and have never thought any of them made me look heavier. They're coats, for goodness sakes, not Spanx! Enjoy your new delight!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

They're coats, for goodness sakes, not Spanx! Enjoy your new delight!

I know, right? They are supposed to keep you warm!

Respected Contributor

@vermint. I live in SC too.  It's been so hot that you may have to crank up the air conditioning to be able to enjoy your new coat.  I bought a pair of snow boots recently that are just so cute, but the chance of seeing snow is close to zero Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

@Trudey, I live in Ohio so our chances of seeing snow are usually pretty good.  However, I think we've seen only a few flakes mixed with rain so far this season.  Heck, we've had our windows open and heat turned off recently because it's been so nice and warm outside. 

Right now they are talking about close to 60 x-mas eve and x-mas day around here and they said there is virtually no chance of the lake freezing over this year.  That is a huge bummer for a lot of snow mobilers around here, including my DH, and for the businesses across the lake that rely on snowmobilers to ride across the frozen lake.    

Respected Contributor

@Trudey "They" are still saying that it's supposed to be a colder, wetter winter...but not till after the 1st of the year! It's supposed to be cooler this weekend, too, at least in my part of the state.

And, yes, we've already had to run our AC for a few days this month!

Contributor

I was tremendously disappointed in that the hooks were VERY hard to undo straight out of the box. I even broke one trying to undo it. Yet I like the coat a lot and hope that I can get the hook repaired. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In our typical winters, I could not possibly care less if I look as though I've escaped from my tethers at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!

Sweeping statements of universal "truths" always beg for refute. "Balloonish" is the way to FLY when the weather here is in the teens and single numbers for weeks.

I'll take the weather reports over self proclaimed arbiters of fashion any old day in the week.

If you bought it, and love it, wear it with a smile. If it's like the Bassos in my collection, you'll have it to enjoy for years!