Respected Contributor

I thought the tsv looked ripply and flimsy so I did not consider ordering. I have a couple of Basso coats that are over ten years old thatstill look great and are beautiful and warm. One is faux fur on one side and reverses to faux shearling with a hood. I get compliments on this one every time I wear it. Sorry to hear the quality has changed.  I just don't think the coats look as good now and it seems there are sizing issues as well. 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

I bought 2 of his coats last year and really like them. I didn't like the collar in this one...just looked odd to me.....

Honored Contributor

Re: Basso TSV Review

[ Edited ]

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I bought 2 of his coats last year and really like them. I didn't like the collar in this one...just looked odd to me.....

Wasn't interested from the first time seeing email. On point! Design of the coat itself. Reminded me! Gloria Swanson in Sunset Blvd! Walking down the stairs. Purchased two coats this season love both! Each have 5Stars. Last one scored! Clearance- Motto style leopard faux fur! Chose grey combo, Holiday parties fun.
Respected Contributor

@Jk9 I also own the coat you mentioned in your posting. That coat was sensational.  It was a TSV many years ago and has worn well.  I live in Chicago.  It still is my go to coat for casual warmth when it is very cold.  

Trusted Contributor

Over the years I've bought a few Basso coats/jackets and have loved them all. I ordered my usual size in the TSV and it is too small; especially in the chest. Back it goes.

Respected Contributor

Re: Basso TSV Review

[ Edited ]

@LIndaMJ wrote:

Over the years I've bought a few Basso coats/jackets and have loved them all. I ordered my usual size in the TSV and it is too small; especially in the chest. Back it goes.

This is the first time I purchased a Dennis Basso Coat or any clothing from QVC. QVC sizing is very, very generous. I was debating whether I should buy the xlarge or large. I got the large and it is more than big enough. Much bigger in the front than the shoulder and arms. I am also a 36 C/D. QVC sizing is very generous in order to make the purchaser think that they are a smaller size than they actually are. I am 5'9".

This is not a plush coat. It is a casual lightweight coat. If you take the hood off (and that bizarre collar) and turn up the natural collar, you can see the material and the zipper for the hood. I purchased the coat in the Chocolate Color as that was the only collar that looked halfway normal. The other collars were gaudy!!!

Cheap Vinyl Dust Bag that will rip. Real Furs have cloth dust bags.

Cheap, Thin Hanger that is found in department store racks. Real Furs have a wide, thick, sturdy hangers.

I don't know how the hosts, models and Dennis can have a straight face while hocking this type of coat. If I ever saw him at the airport, I would shake my head and drag the coat on the ground as I walked by him.

I don't know how any woman can call this coat luxurious. I can't believe some women will keep this coat in their closet and wear it only on special occassions. It is an overpriced, everday thin coat for dog walking, shopping, casual dinner and movies. A great coat to wear on an airplane and you don't have to worry about it. This is not for very cold winter weather.

I can't imagine what it looks like out of the washer. I would not suggest it. And yes, that lepard collar (that doesn't match at the seam) should only be dry cleaned.

I hope you read this Dennis Basso!