Respected Contributor

Well it took me longer to open the box than to get it packed up to go back.

What a disappointment for me.  I had high expectations and the way it was packed was very nice.

It's very lightweight and I think that's the problem.  There are faux throws that have more weight than this coat.  I don't mean heavy weight but more like body of the material.  On the hanger it looked poor to me.  The seams on the front are not sewn nice, looks like it's buckling and uneven.  The lining felt to me that it was "not one with the coat" if that makes sense, seems a little slippery slidy in areas and more like an after thought for the coat, didn't seem to match, I felt uncomfortable. 

I viewed my coat as poor quality.  It didn't feel substantial, didn't feel warm and i have no idea how to fool around with that collar, it opens on the tip somehow but I knew  I wasn't going to keep it so I didn't take the time to figure it out. 

I think that's it for DB coats for me, the last 2 have been duds for me and I'm not going to experiment with any more.

If you like your coat, go for it but I didn't believe it was worth the money and sure didn't look good on me. 

Oh and if anyone has a bit of a tummy the pockets are positioned on either side of one's tummy (if you have one) and they stick out.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the review. Sorry it wasn't up to your expectations. I didn't order it myself. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

I ordered two of them (ivory and brown), but I plan to return both. I thought the quality was fine, but I didn't like the colors in person. The brown (I.e. Chocolate) was especially disappointing. In person, it was a drab cool brown, not really a chocolate brown. I thought it looked fake and cheap. The ivory one was pretty, but it's a little more dressy in my opinion and it's just not worth the expense to me. This was my first experience with Dennis basso and, despite me negative reviews, I'd love to find another faux fur from him that I like. I thought the quality of the construction of the coats was quite good.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought one of DB coats a couple of years ago and although it had a lot 'fluff' it had no warmth at all.  Probably fine for NYC where you jump in and out of cabs....but not for packing groceries in a parking lot in the winter with wind sweeping across the land.  I gave it to a church for auction $$$ against their mortgage.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Basso TSV Review

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the review. I wanted ivory so bad but it was on waitlist and it hadn't changed to in process yet so I called and they switched me to the chocolate. Being disabled and not really going out much I don't need anything heavy. In the winter I basically only go out to appointments or to go get my hair cut at my aunts. How did you think the sizing was. I ordered the XXS. After seeing the XS on Jane I am pretty sure I would be the XXS. I am pretty tiny. I hope the arms arent to tight and don't fit real snug. Because then it will be hard to get on. I am bummed though about not getting the ivory.

Trusted Contributor

WOW, that's bad news. I have 3 of his coats  so I ordered the ivory. I hope it works out. I've wanted ivory for a long time.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling Firstly, love your nickname...no explanation needed. Secondly, sorry you're disappointed w/ your coat. I had ordered a DB throw a few years ago and was very disappointed w/ that as well. When I saw the TSV on the models, my 1st thought was that it looked like the furry toilet seat cover at my Grandma's house. No order from me. 

Respected Contributor

Well, I ordered this TSV and it is the first piece of clothing or shoe that has to do with sizing. I always am afraid that things won't fit.

Someone described the fur as a bathrobe. That is what it does look like. I only wanted something not too heavy to wear at night when it is cold in Southern California.

I am amazed at how some women saying this coat runs small. Others say the coat runs large. Some women seem happy.

One woman called this dressy. I honestly don't know what to expect.

I heard it comes with a hanger and a garmet bag. What is the garment bag made of? Vinyl? Hope it is at least material.

It is coming on Thursday so I guess I will see. I ordered in Brown size Large (which I was able to switch to).

I do like buying from a store or from Macy's where there are free returns and not this nonsense.

Live and Learn.

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Well it took me longer to open the box than to get it packed up to go back.

What a disappointment for me.  I had high expectations and the way it was packed was very nice.

It's very lightweight and I think that's the problem.  There are faux throws that have more weight than this coat.  I don't mean heavy weight but more like body of the material.  On the hanger it looked poor to me.  The seams on the front are not sewn nice, looks like it's buckling and uneven.  The lining felt to me that it was "not one with the coat" if that makes sense, seems a little slippery slidy in areas and more like an after thought for the coat, didn't seem to match, I felt uncomfortable. 

I viewed my coat as poor quality.  It didn't feel substantial, didn't feel warm and i have no idea how to fool around with that collar, it opens on the tip somehow but I knew  I wasn't going to keep it so I didn't take the time to figure it out. 

I think that's it for DB coats for me, the last 2 have been duds for me and I'm not going to experiment with any more.

If you like your coat, go for it but I didn't believe it was worth the money and sure didn't look good on me. 

Oh and if anyone has a bit of a tummy the pockets are positioned on either side of one's tummy (if you have one) and they stick out.

It looked cheap in QVC presale pix.

Respected Contributor

I used to like Dennis Basso Coats.  I have not ordered one in a long time as the last two times they were so flimsy and the faux fur was not good.  I live in Chicago.  If I order a faux fur coat I need it to be substantive.  He has cheaped is faux fur line considerably. No more Dennis Basso for me!