Honored Contributor

Re: Basic turtleneck -- where to find ?

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I purchased some basic, but very nice turtlenecks from Target.  80% Rayon, 20% Nylon.  40% off sale going on right now.  Very happy.

I just looked at Target.  I'm only finding 2 basic turtlenecks I'd use under something else and neither are on sale?  The 40% off is sweaters only and I wouldn't consider the ones I saw basic.  Am I missing something?  

@Lipstickdiva i didn't see the 40% of either till checkout.  they are under Avi & Viv brand.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I purchased some basic, but very nice turtlenecks from Target.  80% Rayon, 20% Nylon.  40% off sale going on right now.  Very happy.

I just looked at Target.  I'm only finding 2 basic turtlenecks I'd use under something else and neither are on sale?  The 40% off is sweaters only and I wouldn't consider the ones I saw basic.  Am I missing something?  

@Lipstickdiva i didn't see the 40% of either till checkout.  they are under Avi & Viv brand.

Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

Land's End, LL Bean, Cuddl Duds Softwear (on their website or at one of the many stores which sells the brand) are my go tos for layering turtlenecks.  I've bought a couple at Athleta too, but they were pricey even on sale. 

Honored Contributor

I buy mine at KMart or Walmart for between $5-$7. They're soft, wash well and fit comfortably.

i realize most women prefer to spend more, but I'm rarely asked how much I've paid for my shirts and even less often do people grab my shirts to see the label at the back of my neck.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm wearing a basic black merino wool turtleneck I just bough from Gap.

Their sales are fantastic!

I also have Linea Whisper Knit T necks in just about every color they offer.

They are top quality and look good for years.

Honored Contributor

The first place that comes to mind is Talbots.  You can also find at JJill.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Go into any store and just look for what you want.  Go onto any clothing website and search.  This is the time for turtlenecks, they certainly are not hard to find in December.

Trusted Contributor

My goodness,tutleneck can be bought in almost any ladies store.

Trusted Contributor

You can find them all over i.e. Talbots, LL Bean, J Crew, Macy's, Nordstrom etc

Respected Contributor

I love my Linea Whisper Knit TN sweaters, they are soft, have an easy fit and the neck it perfect. It's not to tight or loose, and the colors are great. I have them for years and they still look new.