Esteemed Contributor

Re: Basic turtleneck -- where to find ?

@bewise wrote:

My goodness,tutleneck can be bought in almost any ladies store.

I suppose some people don't do much shopping in stores, or receive catalogs.  For that reason anywhere usually isn't a good answer to the one asking.  Naming a few specific stores is the thoughtful response. 

Honored Contributor

I'm quite certain the op knows how to shop! She's simply looking for suggestions and for the record she was quite specific about the turtleneck. She wants a layering piece and not a full-on heavy sweater; something with versatility
Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:
I'm quite certain the op knows how to shop! She's simply looking for suggestions and for the record she was quite specific about the turtleneck. She wants a layering piece and not a full-on heavy sweater; something with versatility

While I agree with this in general, I must admit that I wasn't sure whether she was looking for a sweater-type turtleneck to layer with other things (I saw several suggestions for the LDO whisper knit) or a basic jersey-type turtleneck (pima cotton or a cotton spandex blend such as those found at LLBean, Lands' End, Eddie Bauer, etc. -- that's what I initially assumed).