Honored Contributor

Re: Basic turtleneck -- where to find ?

I'd go to kohls.com for basic turtleneck sweaters.  This is what I did last year, bought like 5 of them all basic colors that I needed to replace, about $15 for each one.  Great buys, great colors, great fit all of them.

Highlighted
Contributor

I get nice turtlenecks at Wal-Mart during the winter.  They are White Stag brand and are all cotton.  They don't have many colors but for basics, they are great. I paid $5.94 each. 

Daisy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I purchased some basic, but very nice turtlenecks from Target.  80% Rayon, 20% Nylon.  40% off sale going on right now.  Very happy.

Respected Contributor

I took a chance on Bob Mackie and I really like them. They are not too tight but can be layered. The neck is not too tight or high and the length is just right. 

Honored Contributor

Just fyi, if you check Land's End, look for coupons.  I have gotten a 50% off code in my e-mail everyday for the past 3 days plus I got a 40% off card in the mail. 

Honored Contributor

The only two places I'll buy turtlenecks are LandsEnd and Chico's.  I've never been satisfied with t-necks from other sources.

LandsEbd sells fitted turtlenecks (for layering) -- cotton modal blend.  with a nice long snug turtleneck.

Chico's has rayon spandex blend shirts that are fine gauge and also wonderful for layering.  The turnelenck is a bit relaxed.  

LandsEnd also sells the 100% cotton and the cotton poly blend.  Good selection of colors and sizes.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I purchased some basic, but very nice turtlenecks from Target.  80% Rayon, 20% Nylon.  40% off sale going on right now.  Very happy.

I just looked at Target.  I'm only finding 2 basic turtlenecks I'd use under something else and neither are on sale?  The 40% off is sweaters only and I wouldn't consider the ones I saw basic.  Am I missing something?  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Julie_23

I spent five years looking for the perfect turtleneck just as you described.  Last week, I ordered eight from:

Christopher and Banks.com     ITEM    010011540002453

Available in 6 colors.   True to size!    Today on sale=$14.00

The product image is missing!

Their basic cotton turtleneck has no spandex, modal, nylon, poly, nothing to irritate sensitive skin.   I wore it, washed it, lined dried however  --  absolutely no shrinkage.   Theirs have a "hemmed" sleeved (not cuffed) so it is thinner and fits closer to the body-- actually can wear for dressier occasions.   I also just purchased one (more non-close fitting) from LLBean, it is a "thicker cotton" and cuffed sleeve....more for casual weekend wear.

edited to mention: C&B has $20 OFF if purchase >$50 

(use coupon code  #70518)

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva

this one is rayon/span for 14.99

9 colors available.

the elbow sleeve is also 14.99

the front page does say 40% off cold weather gear....don't know what that actually covers...

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo, once you get into the website, it's actually only 30% off cold weather gear with a promo code.  That Mossimo turleneck is juniors which I don't buy (never fits me right) but for the heck of it, I did try putting one in my cart and entering the code and it says it's not eligible.

The 40% off is for sweaters and the items that qualify are noted on the website. 

$14.99 is a good price regardless and there are Merona turtlenecks for that same price.