Honored Contributor

dont like the boots with it at all, but i do LOVE that dress!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Pretty dress. Looks great on the model! Nice shape & swing without looking too full. Maybe a but too long for me, and I would prefer sleeves. I would have to wear a cami under it as the v-neck is too low for my comfort modesty level. 

Honored Contributor

I like it on the model, the boots too.

Respected Contributor

I own many many pieces of Peruvian Connection, and have been buying the line for about 15 years.  I LOVE my older pieces.  They are all 100% pima cotton, and I have many of the older specialty crocheted dresses, jacquard sweaters, and skirts.  That said, I'm disappointed with the direction of the offerings these past five years or so.

1. Many of the so-called pima cotton sweater knit items are mixed with rayon.  I hate rayon alone in any form, and can barely tolerate it mixed with cotton.  Beyond the environmental impacts of forcing cellulose into a fiber that can be woven, there is no disputing that cotton/rayon pieces wrinkle, crease, and won't last as long as 100% cotton.

2. The catalog is overstuffed with rayon dresses.  The prints are beautiful and many of the faux wrap/pencil skirt styles are right up my alley.  I don't buy them and never will so long as they are made of rayon.  Many of them are highly rated, though, and if you don't have any objection to rayon, those dresses are generally marked down pretty nicely affter two seasons or so.

3. SHIPPING - OMG - this is absolutely the worst.  Don't fool yourself.  If you place an order with PC, be prepared to WAIT.  And wait.  And wait some more.  The web page states that it is FIVE to SEVEN business days before you can expect your order.  In my RECENT experience, that number is closer to EIGHT business days before my items were even shipped.  And the cost is astronomical.  Unless your order is over $300, I believe, you will pay $16.95 to $22.95 for shipping unless there is a free shipping offer.  If you get sick of waiting, though, and your order has not been prepared for shipping, you can call customer service and cancel the order.

I receive the printed catalogs and ogle over many of the pieces, but I just don't buy until there is a sale, and a sale that offers free shipping.  PC only has these twice a year, with the most recent being the week before 4th of July.  During the 4th of July sale I bought the Francesca dress and cardigan, and a the Beaumont sweater in truffle, which is taupe (a very hard color to find and one that I wear well).  Those three pieces and some AS98 boots from Free People complete my fall purchases for 2019.

And even though I own many pieces of PC knitwear, nearly all of them have been acquired from eBay or Poshmark.  This past spring I prepared a spreadsheet of my wardrobe, and found that only six of the items had been acquired directly from PC.  However much I enjoy the unique designs and good quality of PC items, I just don't think they are worth the price charged unless it is a REALLY special item ON SALE, like the mocha Timberland leather trench or the Sybil dress, both of which I own.

Honored Contributor

Love the dress. I would wear it with my Tony Lama boots and give it a western flare.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Barrakka Dress

[ Edited ]

@tobes wrote:

@lolakimono Love this look, especially the boots!  Tell me, is Peruvian Connection a reliable merchant?

I used to shop Peruvian Connection, they have been around a long time.  The quality was high, and I don' believe I returned anything.  They had limited offerings and were pricy, and that is probably why I stopped shopping there, could find items would make me just as happy for less elsewhere, as well as other things.  I tend to stick with stores where I can reliably find things I like/need, and drop the others.  It looks like @Favorite Son may have more recent experiences than mine.

Honored Contributor

Love the entire look!